Master Control Oper I (PH)Apply NowApply Later Job ID 765584BR Location Houston, Texas, United States; The Woodlands, Texas, United States Business Direct-to-Consumer and International Date posted Oct. 02, 2020
The Master Control Operator remains competent and current on technology, develops professional contacts with team members, supervisors, managers, and peers within other departments. Verbally communicates problems (real and perceived) to Supervisor. Incumbent communicates with sites and studios to ensure accurate start and end times for live event segments and the airing of promotions and live elements.
Incumbent must be flexible with their schedule as this is a 24/7/365 operation and should expect to work nights, holidays and weekends. The ability to perform the job at hand under a tight deadline while demonstrating strong interpersonal communication skills is a must. Other skills that we are looking for in our candidates include: organizational and planning skills, being able to adapt to a constantly changing environment, strong communication skills and a good computer background with programs such as Outlook and Excel.
New Master Control Operators are required to successfully complete the required training program in order to perform assigned duties.
Primary responsibility is to ensure quality of signal to air.
- Demonstrate proficiency with all broadcast equipment, workflows and procedures
- Understand and follow SOP’s for disaster recovery
- Understand and follow SOP’s for various Networks, high profile, live events, etc.
- Verify playlist accuracy and save playlist file regularly.
- Consistently Monitor on-air material and communicate any discrepancies to Supervisor.
- Monitor secondary events and ensure all air correctly.
- Consistently monitor On Air by ensuring that database information and media content are accurate which may include but not limited to:
- SOM/EOM of segments
- Audio and Video specifications
- Secondary events (DTMF,GPI,SCTE104 and graphic insertion)
- Closed Captioning
- Active Format Discriptor
- Monitor equipment for performance / device failures
- Verify all timing issues for all media play out to air
- Capture accurate log times
- Capture and document all information related to the On Air Process of our Networks including but not limited to on air discrepencies, element air times, etc.
- Be able to preview material
- Communicate effectively with Supervisor and oncoming Operator relief to ensure a smooth transition between shifts and board operations
- Ability to communicate effectively, work under stress and perform as part of a team
- Strong customer service skills.
- Strong math skills.
- Basic knowledge in audio and video.
- Computer knowledge including Windows and other business related software
- Basic knowledge on Switchers, VTR’s, server playout, automation systems and other broadcast technology
- Complete understanding of Master Control functions
- Experience in multi-network Master Control environments
- Experience with Snell, Imagine (Harris), ITX or similar Automation Systems
- A Bachelor's Degree in Business, Communications, Television, Computer Science or equivalent work experience
About Direct-to-Consumer and International:
Comprised of Disney’s international media businesses and the Company’s various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world. This segment is responsible for The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the ESPN+ sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN; Disney+, the dedicated streaming home for entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic; and the Company’s ownership stake in Hulu. As part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment, Disney Streaming Services, developer of the ESPN+ and Disney +, oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Direct-to-Consumer and International.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.