Media Services Spec II (PH)Apply NowApply Later Job ID 765595BR Location Houston, Texas, United States; The Woodlands, Texas, United States Business Direct-to-Consumer and International Date posted Sep. 18, 2020
- Proficient at quality control and error identification when completing and reviewing work
- Ability to perform time calculations to detect time and date discrepancies
- Ability to make standard to military time conversions across time zones are all necessary
- Ability to multitask, coordinate projects, meet deadlines, and make quick decisions while managing a high volume of work with a focus on detail
- Strong anticipation and troubleshooting skills with the ability to compile, calculate, and report data for tracking purposes
- 1 year of performing technical tasks using the Harris Media and Air Clients, Evertz Routers, and K-2 App Centers or equivalent technical experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work flexible hours
- Ability to adapt quickly to new circumstances in various environments
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft products including, Word, Excel, Outlook, and SharePoint
- 4+ years in television environment and/or consulting utilization of electronic content management systems
- High school diploma or equivalency
- Bachelor's Degree in Communications, Radio/TV
About Direct-to-Consumer and International:
Comprised of Disney’s international media businesses and the Company’s various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world. This segment is responsible for The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the ESPN+ sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN; Disney+, the dedicated streaming home for entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic; and the Company’s ownership stake in Hulu. As part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment, Disney Streaming Services, developer of the ESPN+ and Disney +, oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Direct-to-Consumer and International.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.