Media Services Spec II (PH)Apply NowApply Later Job ID 789586BR Location Houston, Texas, United States; The Woodlands, Texas, United States Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted May 28, 2021
This position requires the incumbent to become proficient in all duties required of a Media Services Specialist, including successfully completing all training required for the position. Incumbent will also become skilled in using the Harris Media and Air Clients, Evertz Routers, and K-2 App Centers, or similar equipment and systems, currently in use, while demonstrating satisfactory job performance.
- Route, record, screen, prep, ingest and archive all content into the server systems while maintaining quality control standards for network broadcast. Consult program formats and generate detailed run sheets for all programming and verify that program and commercial sequence, timing, scoring, billboards and black holes will air correctly
- Verify existing, missing or expected content from 24 hours to one week in advance to air
- Data entry of material into facility management software applications that are relied upon for scheduling, workflow, and broadcast of media
Preferred Qualifications:To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required to satisfactorily perform each essential duty.
- 3+ years in a television environment or other background utilizing electronic content management systems preferred
- Our ideal candidate would have experience in implementing varied work-flow changes.
- Strong technical background
- High school diploma or equivalency
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Communications or Radio/TV or commensurate work experience preferred
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.