Senior Media Systems Engineer (TX)
Houston, Texas, United States; The Woodlands, Texas, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID 823574BR Location Houston, Texas, United States; The Woodlands, Texas, United States Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted Jul. 12, 2021
Job Summary:The Senior Media Systems Engineer is responsible for the design and implementation of state-of-the-art broadcast facilities for a global company that is at the forefront of technology. In this position, special emphasis is placed on design and implementation of all of Disney content acquisition, origination, production, and distribution systems. The Senior Media Systems Engineer will also develop and document technical procedures, train systems support and operational personnel, and provide expertise in resolving complex technical issues.
Responsibilities:Responsible for the design and implementation of DISNEY’s television broadcast and related facilities. The scope of which will include new control rooms and studios, new equipment or equipment upgrades, facility relocation, and facility redesign
• Plays lead role in facility design, layout, evaluation of equipment alternatives, and equipment selection and configuration
• Plays a lead role in equipment procurement, including specification development, capital budget conformance, and technical specification verification
• Collaborates closely with DISNEY Operations’ management and key staff to assess facility needs
• Develops project plans, schedules, and budgets
• Collaborates closely with equipment manufacturers and vendors to understand the range of equipment that might be relevant to DISNEY’s broadcasting facilities and operations
• Oversees and coordinates the construction of facilities and the installation of new equipment, including collaborating closely with installation engineers, equipment manufacturers and vendors, installation service contractors, electronic maintenance engineers, technical operations staff, and others involved in the projects
• Responsible for the generation of technical documentation required to support and operate all company broadcast facilities.
• As requested, provides technical advice to Support teams, Technical and Transmission Operations departments to help resolve complex technical issues and problems
• Identifies and specifies broadcast system solutions for purchase and implementation within DISNEY’s broadcast center
Basic Qualifications:• 5+ years broadcast engineering experience
Preferred Qualifications:• Electrical or Computer Engineering, or Computer Science preferred
• Proficiency in AutoCAD
• Working knowledge of DNS, DHCP, TCP/IP, HTTP, UDP, SSL, and SNMP.
• Excellent communication and organizational skills
Required Education• BS in Engineering or Computer Science or a minimum of 5 years’ experience in broadcast facilities design and documentation
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.