Systems Engineer (PH)
The Woodlands, TX - USApply NowApply Later
Job ID 771643BR Location Houston, Texas, United States; The Woodlands, Texas, United States Business Direct-to-Consumer and International Date posted Jan. 14, 2021
Job Summary:The Systems Engineer position is a member of the Systems Engineering sustainment team at Disney’s Digital Center 3 (DC3) in The Woodlands, TX. The primary mission of the Systems Engineering sustainment team is to provide 24/7/365 sustaining support services for all broadcast and media systems at the facility. This position is responsible for the repair, scheduled maintenance and high operational readiness of existing and new broadcast and media systems at DC3. Duties include providing user support as well as functioning as an interface/liaison between IT, Operations, Engineering teams and vendors.
Additionally, the sustainment team is a resource for planned upgrades and project task work in service to the Systems Engineering project team.
- Front-line and on-demand sustaining support of all Operational clients at DC3.
- Collaborates with internal customers and teammates to investigate, understand and resolve technical issues.
- Escalates to vendors and internal technology partners for assistance, as needed, to resolve complex issues.
- Under guidance, performs installations and other project task work on broadcast and media systems at DC3.
- In partnership with DMED Production Systems Infrastructure and Network Engineering teams, maintains all broadcast and media servers and clients within DC3. Assists the same teams for equipment deployment and hands-on maintenance activities as requested.
- In adherence to Disney Corp and DMED security policy, coordinates maintenance windows with Operational teams and performs systems security patching and other security updates as directed by the DMED Production Systems Infrastructure team.
- Follows change control process for changes to all production systems. Tests and validates updates, upgrades, and configuration changes.
- Maintains detailed records of all corrective actions performed.
- Minimum of 4 years of experience working in a broadcast environment.
- 3+ years of experience working with computer systems
- Ability to evaluate systems logs to diagnose and troubleshoot elaborate and complex interconnected systems is essential.
- Demonstrated understanding of
- Broadcast and media facility operational workflows
- Broadcast Automation Systems
- Broadcast video ingest and playout servers
- Broadcast and production graphics systems
- Digital video infrastructure
- Master control.
- Media Asset Management systems
- Rules driven workflow engines
- Automated QC Systems
- Media Metadata
- Editing Systems
- Production Communication Systems
- Digital audio and video transport and file formats used within a broadcast and media facility
- Experience with operation, support and maintenance of a broadcast uplink and transmission facility
- Excellent follow-though is essential.
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work scheduled shift work, including nights and weekends
- Excellent organizational, time management skills
- Minimum of AA/AS or Vocational Certification
- Current IT certifications or relevant SBE certification
- Bachelor’s Degree
About Direct-to-Consumer and International:
Comprised of Disney’s international media businesses and the Company’s various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world. This segment is responsible for The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the ESPN+ sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN; Disney+, the dedicated streaming home for entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic; and the Company’s ownership stake in Hulu. As part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment, Disney Streaming Services, developer of the ESPN+ and Disney +, oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Direct-to-Consumer and International.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.