Transmissions Scheduling Administrator (PH)
The Woodlands, TX - USApply NowApply Later
Job ID 771928BR Location Houston, Texas, United States; The Woodlands, Texas, United States Business Direct-to-Consumer and International Date posted Jan. 14, 2021
Job Summary:This position is responsible for acquiring transmission via satellite, fiber optic, Private Line Network, Venue Access Network, etc. for the various networks doing business with Fox Networks & Engineering & Operations-The Woodlands. Duties include creating and updating the facility scheduling databases; informing appropriate departments of same-day schedule changes; and confirming service orders to ensure broadcast quality. Answers phones and responds to e-mails.
Primary duties include:
- Facilitates the acquisition or creation of program feeds and remote transmissions, as requested by regional network clients and management through e-mail and phone.
- Creates confirmation sheets for feeds and sends them to appropriate contacts. Verifies bookings on the Fox Private Line Network and ensures they are scheduled correctly.
- Creates, updates, and maintains the transmission information in the facility’s ScheduALL applications. Enters and updates feed information in each program as needed. Calls various departments to inform them of same day changes to the schedule.
- Completing multiple types of projects, each with specific deadlines.
- Booking high volume of feed requests, i.e. 30 days or more for all regional sports networks in NOC ScheduAll database.
- Creating and updating orders in FSN ScheduAll.
- Verification of transmission on a weekly basis using both ScheduAll applications.
- Checking and maintaining E-mail Inbox, individual and departmental.
- Continuous access of Quip application and department chat.
- Answering department phone as assigned and relaying information to the department.
- If appropriate, notifying fiber providers either by written request or by booking on private line networks as soon as booking requests are received.
- Completing daily shift reports, weekly status reports, and attending weekly department meetings via zoom.
- Basic knowledge of sports and cable television is helpful
- Experienced knowledge level of Microsoft Software including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Follow and communicate with others through verbal and written communication is required.
- Convert various times zones to military-eastern time.
- Ability to make quick, accurate decisions in a changing environment.
- Ability to multi-task and meet multiple deadlines are essential to the success of this position.
- Ability to work flexible hours is needed. Shift Work, with changes in work schedule with 2-week notice.
- Ability to learn remotely and work independently.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Communications or any related area is preferred.
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications, with emphasis on Excel and Outlook.
About Direct-to-Consumer and International:
Comprised of Disney’s international media businesses and the Company’s various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world. This segment is responsible for The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the ESPN+ sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN; Disney+, the dedicated streaming home for entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic; and the Company’s ownership stake in Hulu. As part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment, Disney Streaming Services, developer of the ESPN+ and Disney +, oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Direct-to-Consumer and International.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.