Machine Learning Engineer M/F - Permanent contractApply NowApply Later Job ID 909246BR Location Île-de-France Region, France Business Disneyland Paris Date posted Jan. 24, 2022
Disneyland Paris is currently undergoing a Data transformation by setting up a centralized team (Data Office) and a Data Platform on AWS to exploit its rich and varied data: digital, ticketing, accommodation, operations, maintenance, finance, stores, restaurants, supply chain, costumes, flows, human resources...
The Disneyland Paris Data Office is at the heart of this transformation project and pilots:
- The maintenance and evolution of our Data Platform, the centralization of data within a datalake, the production of value from our data;
- The promotion of the use of data and the acceleration of self-BI to reduce analysis and decision making times;
- The animation of user communities;
- Defining and developing data-driven products based on artificial intelligence.
In this context, we are recruiting a Machine Learning Engineer who will be involved in the deployment of machine learning models for all our businesses and in particular the implementation of real-time recommendation tools on the Disneyland Paris website.
You will join the Data team composed of about 30 people and will report to the Senior Manager Products & Innovation. You will contribute to the progress our teams, in collaboration with the other members of the data team (Product Owner, Data Engineer, BI Developer, Data Steward...).
Each member of the team can be an actor in what we do. You will have the opportunity to share your knowledge, to question the existing, to innovate, to implement new things constantly and quickly!
You will actively participate in the construction of our Data Platform and in the choice of tools, helping to make decisions and develop the growth of Disneyland Paris.
Your missions consist of:
- Study and implement the best technical solutions to manage large volumes of data, from training data collection to production deployment
- Industrialize machine learning models in analytical frameworks and web applications
- Control the quality of the code put into production to ensure the run (Git, model performance evaluation)
- Work in collaboration with the Data Engineer, Data Scientist and Product Owner to integrate machine learning models as deliverables in a product
- Practice technology watch on Cloud and Data science.
Joining us is the guarantee to participate in the birth of the Data Platform project and to have an impact in its structuring and technological choices! You will have the opportunity to work on a wide range of subjects, with the support of the Data Science & Engineering teams of the Walt Disney Company in the United States.
The keys to your success?
You are the ideal candidate for this position if:
- You have an engineering degree or a master's degree in data science/big data/cloud engineering and have acquired at least 3 years of experience in a data program, on similar subjects, in an international and agile environment.
- You are familiar with at least one Cloud environment (AWS or GCP) and the Data pipeline (CI/CD), from data ingestion to its final exploitation.
- You know how to put machine learning models into production.
- You know SQL, Python, Apache Spark, Pyspark, DevOps concepts (Docker, Kubernetes, etc.) and managed machine learning services (AWS Sagemaker).
- You are fluent in English (level C1) for daily use, both written and oral, and in French (level B2).
- You are curious and able to propose, test new things, make recommendations;
- You enjoy working in a team and sharing your knowledge;
- You are particularly sensitive to the quality of deployments and do everything possible to deliver a quality tool, independently;
- You know how to popularize technical subjects to convince people outside your field.
The Disneyland Paris difference?
- A comprehensive integration session and a wide range of skill-development training options
- Great career opportunities (internal promotion or horizontal mobility)
- An exceptional, international and multicultural environment concentrated on a unique site
Ready to be part of a great human adventure? To join our Cast Members who share the same professional ambition: bring the magic of Disneyland Paris to life for the millions of visitors who come to our parks every year?
All you have to do is apply, we are ready to give you the opportunity to showcase your talent!
Disneyland Paris is committed to offering its Cast Members the best possible working conditions. In this context and to guarantee optimum flexibility, Cast Members whose role do not require accessing on-site facilities and/or on-site physical interaction are permitted to work remotely, with a minimum presence requirement of five days per month on site.
Our offices are located 5 minutes walk from the Val d'Europe train station.
In accordance with the current regulations, our destination is temporarily subject to the obligation to present a ‘Passe Vaccinal’ for all our visitors. It is also mandatory for some of our employees to present a 'Passe Vaccinal’ in order to perform their activity when they enter a sanitary bubble within our opening hours as defined by the Company (i.e. the Parks, Hotels, Golf, Disney Village and the operational support administrative area).
Additional Information:Recruitment process
After an initial interview with a recruiter, you will meet with several members of the Data team to give you a broader view of the position, discuss your technical and functional capabilities and project yourself into the collaboration and our environment.
Of course, all these interviews can be done remotely, in a time frame that we try to keep as short as possible.
Applications will be reviewed as they come in, so don't miss the opportunity, apply now!
About Disneyland Paris:
Disneyland® Paris is a company where dreams really do come true. Here, our Cast Members work on stage or backstage, in hundreds of professions. Their mission: offering every guest an unforgettable Disney Experience at our 2 theme parks and our 7 hotels as well as Disney Village. The passion and enthusiasm of our teams has made our company the number one tourist destination in Europe!
Creating dreams carries with it many responsibilities. For our resort, long-term development must be rooted in a sustainable tourism model. We have made important social & environmental commitments, which we seek to implement with the continuous involvement of our employees and stakeholders.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with EURO DISNEY ASSOCIES SAS, which is part of a business segment we call Disneyland Paris.
Commitment to Safety
We are taking a responsible approach to creating environments that allow us to do what we do best – entertain and inform millions around the world. As part of our commitment to health and safety, COVID-19 vaccines are required for current U.S. salaried and non-union hourly employees, as well as all newly hired employees. Learn more here(Opens in new window).