HR Business Partner, Disney Media TurkeyApply Now Apply Later Job ID 727099BR Location Istanbul, Istanbul, Turkey Business Direct-to-Consumer and International Date posted Nov. 25, 2019
We have an opportunity for an experienced HR Generalist to join our Media HR team in Istanbul on a 6 month Fixed Term Contract basis.
As HR Business Partner, as well as providing the best quality service to our stakeholders in our Media business, you will also work on the harmonization process, as we integrate plans between Disney and Fox. This position's contribution to the HR team, business leaders in Turkey, Israel & Greece and the company overall is essential.
The role will include full Business Partner responsibilities, and also work closely with EMEA Centres of Expertise in: Learning & Development, Compensation & Benefits and Talent Acquisition.
- Be the first point of contact for all employees in assigned business areas, regarding all HR processes, systems and practices
- Communicate and work with business units proactively and in close contact to deliver value-added HR services and develop integrated solutions,
- Develop contract terms for new hires, promotions and transfers and align these terms legally and with global policies
- Monitor employee performance and coordinate personnel and career development actions, provides day-to-day performance management guidance to line management (e.g., coaching, counselling, career development, disciplinary actions).
- Works closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention,
- Provides useful data to help guide decision making and allow the company to scale effectively and efficiently
- Proven HR Business Partnering experience, preferably in a multinational company
- Working knowledge of multiple human resource disciplines, including
- Recruitment practices,
- Compensation practices,
- Organizational diagnosis,
- Performance management,
- Excellent MS Office skills (MS Excel, MS PowerPoint),
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (English and Turkish language both verbal and written),
- Strong Time Management skills,
- Self-management skills,
- Ability to work with high volume workload and tough deadlines.
This position is offered as a 6 month fixed term contract with The Walt Disney Company and will be full time, office based in our Istanbul business.
About Direct-to-Consumer and International:
Comprised of Disney’s international media businesses and the Company’s various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world. This segment is responsible for The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the ESPN+ sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN; the upcoming Disney-branded direct-to-consumer streaming service; and the Company’s ownership stake in Hulu. As part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment, Disney Streaming Services, developer of the ESPN+ and Disney-branded streaming platforms, oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company Medya, Eglence ve Ticaret Limited Sirketi, which is part of a business segment we call Direct-to-Consumer and International.