PR & Communications Lead – 6 Months Fixed Term ContractApply NowApply Later Job ID 10045395 Location Istanbul, Turkey Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted Apr. 27, 2023
To leverage the PR coverage for FOX brands, their content and TWDC MEDIA LOB ensure that the press opportunities (local & global) are handled smoothly, develop media sponsorships and CSR projects in line with the annual communication strategy, and lead the marketing events in every step.
This role will require you to be onsite 4 days a week.
The Opportunity & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for FOX, FOX’s all sub-brands (content and digital assets) and TWDC MEDIA LOB.
- Determine communication and PR strategies for the brand and its content according to the positioning strategies in-line with the marketing team, direct PR activities and monitor channels’ image and brand perception in media.
- Build and manage Corporate Social Responsibility strategy together with Internal comms, develop the calendar & follow-up and report the execution.
- Responsible for PR, Corporate Communications, CSR projects and Events budgets.
- Coordinate the application of the determined communication strategies within the company.
- Develop and maintain relationships with press members (including print, online, TV, and social media), production companies (local and global), media research and public relations agencies
- According to the determined strategy, organize media interviews for talents that will be highlighted during the promotion of the shows with related outlets
- Manage media interviews for FOX executives and newscasters
- Responsible for speeches and statements were given by the executive team and interviews of other employees
- Organize show-based press conferences
- Organize press kits
- Plan and organize all marketing events & organizations
- Manage and host all global and local talents
- Organize photo shoots, create set visit opportunities with the press, gather additional assets with the talents to feed the marketing and digital media department
- Liaise with the production companies to make sure that they communicate the content in-line with the channel’s communication strategy
- Create content for magazines, prepare case studies, speeches and articles
- Liaise with and answer enquiries from media, individuals and other organizations
- Support the PR aspect of all potential crises, manage the relations with the Crisis Management agency
- Organize and attend global & local press trips
- Support for media sponsorships, search for new partnership projects
The Experience & Skills We Require From You:
- At least 7 years of experience in public relations, community relations, communications, crisis management or related experience with project management and marketing knowledge
- Advanced English is a must
- A college degree in the areas of PR, communications, marketing communication, brand management, and radio-TV-cinema is a plus
- Proven track record of successfully dealing with the media, and channel experience is a plus
- Strong problem-solving skills and calm attitude during the crisis
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: Disney Entertainment, ESPN, Disney Parks, and Experiences and Products. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with TWDC Turkey, which is part of a business we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.