Specialist, Training & Development (PH)Apply NowApply Later Job ID 962086BR Location Iver Heath, United Kingdom Business The Walt Disney Studios Date posted May 17, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid Preferred, Remote Possible
- Creates, organizes, plans, and presents various forms of onboarding, orientation, and skills training for crew members.
- Schedule and support all stakeholders involved in training including other facilitators, panelists, and send communication/calendaring accordingly.
- Enhance operational how-to guides for crew training with a strong focus on process improvement and identifying opportunities for efficiency.
- Assesses training and development needs through surveys, interviews, focus groups, and communication with managers, instructors, and customer representatives.
- Develops unique training programs to fulfill specific needs to maintain or improve job skills.
- Creates and/or acquires training procedure manuals, guides, and course materials.
- Presents training and development programs using various forms and formats including group discussion, lecture, simulations, and videos.
- Maintains records of training and development activities, attendance, results of tests and assessments, and retraining requirements.
- Evaluates program effectiveness through assessments, surveys, and feedback.
- Maintains knowledge of the latest trends in training and development.
- Experience with operations with a strong focus on organization and customer service
- Strong organizational skills including project management and attention to detail
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office Software including Excel and PowerPoint and also Word, Outlook, virtual technology (e.g. Zoom), cloud-based storage platforms
- Ability to work independently while also being collaborative and effectively working with multiple levels of leadership and stakeholders
- Strong Facilitation experience both in person and virtually for various levels within an organization
- Experience working in either a corporate environment or production management role and comfortable communicating with all levels in both
- Flexible attitude and driven work ethic in an ever-changing and evolving landscape
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to evaluate and research training options and alternatives.
- Ability to design and implement effective training and development.
- Desire to continue development of production industry knowledge
- Flexibility with schedule to connect with teams in various time zones
This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely. A remote opportunity may be possible for qualified candidates under certain circumstances and, if granted, the employee would work remotely on an ongoing basis.
About The Walt Disney Studios:
For over 95 years, The Walt Disney Studios has been the foundation on which The Walt Disney Company was built. Today it brings quality movies, episodic storytelling, music, and stage plays to consumers throughout the world. The Walt Disney Studios encompasses a collection of respected film studios, including Disney, Walt Disney Animation Studios, Pixar Animation Studios, Marvel Studios, Lucasfilm, 20th Century Studios, and Searchlight Pictures. It is also home to Disney Theatrical Productions, producer of world-class stage shows.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company Ltd., which is part of a business we call The Walt Disney Studios.
The Walt Disney Company Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion or belief, sex, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, disability or pregnancy or maternity. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.