Supervisor, Health & Safety Testing (Project Hire)Apply NowApply Later Job ID 767463BR Location Iver Heath, England, United Kingdom Business The Walt Disney Studios Date posted Oct. 15, 2020
The Supervisor, Health & Safety Testing will be the main point of contact between film productions and our COVID-19 testing vendors. This role will coordinate COVID-19 weekly testing logistics in partnership with Health & Safety Managers (HSM) overseeing our different productions. This individual will coordinate with HR/ER, Production Executives, and other HSMs to ensure testing processes and results tracking are in place across multiple productions within a region. This is a 12 month project hire.
- Conduit between productions and all testing & concierge vendors
- Working with MHS and Production to determine each show’s weekly testing needs and sourcing immediate and long-term solutions
- Submitting requests and coordinating testing sessions with the vendor, including providing vendor with show and tester specific information based on their requirements
- Confirming each testing site meets the Health & Safety standards and needs of the vendor and production
- Setting up MHS and individuals on vendor specific platform to receive the results
- Establishing on-going Production testing schedules with each show and working with vendor to facilitate
- Ability to visit multiple locations each day to monitor testing locations, registration and results process and problem solve any issues
- Ability to adapt to varying work environments, possesses a strong pro-active work ethic and quickly adapt to new responsibilities
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Proven strong organizational skills including logistics, time management and scheduling
- Must be a people person who can manage with confidence, maintain policy/protocol with crew, and operate with authority when needed
- Must be comfortable speaking to groups and providing training
- Strong problem solver in a highly fast driven creative environment
- Have a willingness to travel and keep a flexible schedule (work on a production schedule)
- Knowledge of safety and health standards and regulations.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Software: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
- Adapting to latest development of technical skills and industry knowledge
- Health & Safety Experience
- Experience working on set with feature or television production
About The Walt Disney Studios:
For over 90 years, The Walt Disney Studios has been the foundation on which The Walt Disney Company was built. Today the Studio brings quality movies, music and stage plays to consumers throughout the world. Feature films are released under the following banners: Disney, including Walt Disney Animation Studios and Pixar Animation Studios, Disneynature, Marvel Studios and Lucasfilm. The Disney Music Group encompasses the Walt Disney Records and Hollywood Records labels, as well as Disney Music Publishing. The Disney Theatrical Group produces and licenses live events, including Disney on Broadway, Disney On Ice and Disney Live!. Ours is a culture of innovation, inspiration and collaboration that brings together visionary artists, gifted technologists and savvy business minds to conjure up magical entertainment experiences for a global audience.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company Ltd., which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Studios.
The Walt Disney Company Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion or belief, sex, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, disability or pregnancy or maternity. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.