Assistant Manager, Publicity/EventsApply Now Apply Later Job ID 723361BR Location Jakarta, Jakarta Special Capital Region, Indonesia Business Direct-to-Consumer and International Date posted Dec. 11, 2019
The primary objective of this role is to build and maintain relations with media, influencers, content creators and industry leaders and help plan and execute all PR-related activities together with the marketing team.
- Develop publicity plan for all film campaigns including strategy, goals, budget and tactics, that is aligned with global and regional directives.
- Coordinate all local publicity activities for all films.
- Build and maintain a strong network of press, influencers/KOLs, content creators and industry leaders.
- Unleash creativity to break into the minds of press, influencers/KOLs, content creators and industry leaders to convert them to develop film preferences.
- Leverage existing media relationships and cultivate new contacts within business and industry media
- Manage media inquiries and interview requests related to all films.
- Negotiate and secure media coverage for all films.
- Create content for press releases, byline articles and keynote presentations.
- Monitor, analyze and communicate publicity results on a quarterly basis
- Evaluate opportunities for partnerships, sponsorships and advertising on an on-going basis.
- Work closely with the marketing team to align PR activations with broader marketing campaigns.
- Align and collaborate across different lines of businesses to optimize PR opportunities in-market.
- Work closely with the regional publicity team to identify PR opportunities and secure access to junkets, set visits, long lead press days, premieres and any other PR events.
- Previous working experience as PR Public Relations Assistant for (x) year(s)
- BSc/BA in public relations, communications or similar relevant field
- In-depth knowledge of PR and marketing process and best practices
- Passion for the PR industry and its best practices
- Applicable knowledge of copywriting and editing
- Experience with social media platforms (Twitter, Facebook etc.)
- Excellent communication, presentation and leadership skills
- Outstanding organizational and time management skills
- Aptitude in presentation and public speaking
- An analytical mind with attention to detail
- Outgoing and confident
About Direct-to-Consumer and International:
Comprised of Disney’s international media businesses and the Company’s various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world. This segment is responsible for The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the ESPN+ sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN; Disney+, the dedicated streaming home for entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic; and the Company’s ownership stake in Hulu. As part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment, Disney Streaming Services, developer of the ESPN+ and Disney +, oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company (Southeast Asia) Pte. Limited, which is part of a business segment we call Direct-to-Consumer and International.