Category Manager - Hardlines - CPGPApply NowApply Later Job ID 773836BR Location Jakarta, Jakarta Special Capital Region, Indonesia Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Feb. 08, 2021
- Development of relevant strategies for each of the sub-categories.
- Working closely with country teams to ensure local needs are incorporated into strategic development.
- Motivating PD peers to ensure that all product development delivers compelling product.
- Managing key licensee relationships.
- Maximise the hardline categories across Indonesia, managing a wide portfolio of partners and products.
- Develop and implement strategic plans for the total category and appropriate sub categories.
- Manage relationships with existing licensees & identify new partners to continually strengthen the licensee base.
- Lead contract negotiation with licensees and distributors to maximise Disney royalty revenue across regions.
- Lead team development activities, research projects, category meetings & licensee summits.
- Develop initiatives with other ‘lines of business’ (outside Hard-line) and Disney departments to maximise synergy activity and develop promotional opportunities.
- Collaboration with Disney market teams providing information and regular updates, understanding and satisfying local market needs and differences.
- Lead the team to provide persuasive proposals to present to country, regional wider divisional teams.
- Work closely with the hiring manager on product development strategy outlining necessary range planning, brainstorms and development.
- Relevant commercial marketing or similar consumer targeted experience.
- Degree level educated in a related field or equivalent work experience.
- Substantial experience within consumer products management.
- Experience in Toys or handling global brands (Preferable)
- Financial acumen.
- Computer literate including the use of MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Able to analyse data and construct practical conclusions and recommendations.
- Fluent English is essential; other languages are not essential, but useful.
- Core competencies:
- A strategic thinker who has the vision to plan and drive results and success.
- Creative in outlook and problem solving and excited by innovation and new opportunities.
- Able to manage change.
- Must be able to collaborate, influence and persuade at all levels.
- Strong partnership and relationship building skills.
- Able to work well as part of a team as well as the independence to use initiative and work autonomously.
- Additional Information:
Able to incorporate a reasonable amount of overnight travel into the role, both Indonesia and overseas, required to visit licensees and attend meetings.
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company (Southeast Asia) Pte. Limited, which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.