Disney+, Senior Manager - Content AcquisitionApply Now Apply Later Job ID 762361BR Location Jakarta, Jakarta Special Capital Region, Indonesia Business Direct-to-Consumer and International Date posted Jun. 15, 2020
Disney+ is the dedicated streaming home for movies and shows from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic, and more. As part of Disney’s Direct-to-Consumer and International (DTCI) segment, Disney+ is available on most internet-connected devices and offers commercial-free programming with a variety of original feature-length films, documentaries, live-action and animated series and short-form content. Alongside unprecedented access to Disney’s incredible library of film and television entertainment, the service is also the exclusive streaming home for the latest releases from The Walt Disney Studios.
This role will be responsible for managing the entire content acquisition process in local market, working with the relevant teams to manage the budget and drive deals through negotiations, valuations, analysis and final negotiation, finally papering and then managing the deals though the term.
Negotiating multiple acquisition deals simultaneously and concluding rights agreements with various worldwide suppliers will be required. This role will manage ongoing deals, inventories etc, ensuring Disney+ in local market is extracting the maximum value.
- Work in conjunction with the Executive Director, Content Management to set and execute acquisitions strategies in the local market
- Identify, and acquire available local content from program licensors working along with the Executive Director, Content Management
- Manage all the major studio partnership deals for shaping the business proposition
- Track competition catalogue and present data led research of new business propositions from a content POV
- Aiding Marketing campaigns by sharing Editorial inputs and recommendations to aid promotional campaigns
- Lead quarterly, annual and long-range budgeting exercises for the contents
- Lead the agreement drafting process, providing all commercial terms and context to Legal team and working closely with the Legal team to finalize all agreements
- Submit acquisition deal data into system for tracking purposes
- Manage pipeline of contents and work closely with programming teams to ensure that contents are rolled out according to timeline
- Keep abreast of Streaming Service Industry changes in program rights and exploitation and function as the company’s expert in the field
- A Bachelor’s Degree in the relevant field
- At least 8 years of relevant experience in an Acquisition or similar role, preferably within the Media/ Entertainment Industry
- Strong knowledge of subscription services and its competitive landscape
- Strong understanding of media and content landscape
- Ability to analyze financial reports and make recommendations
- Interest in general management and shaping strategic direction
- Detail-oriented to a high standard
- Excellent understanding of content and is abreast with all the content updates
About Direct-to-Consumer and International:
Comprised of Disney’s international media businesses and the Company’s various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world. This segment is responsible for The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the ESPN+ sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN; Disney+, the dedicated streaming home for entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic; and the Company’s ownership stake in Hulu. As part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment, Disney Streaming Services, developer of the ESPN+ and Disney +, oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company (Southeast Asia) Pte. Limited, which is part of a business segment we call Direct-to-Consumer and International.