Head of Corporate CommunicationsApply NowApply Later Job ID 852591BR Location Jakarta, Jakarta Special Capital Region, Indonesia Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted Aug. 31, 2021
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise. In the Asia Pacific region, the Company has operations that spans Media & Entertainment Distribution, Parks, Experiences and Products across Australia, New Zealand, Greater China, Japan, Korea, and Southeast Asia -- focused on developing and producing content for DTC, theatrical and linear platforms.
- Develop and execute strategic, integrated communication plans to support our business goals in Indonesia and to enhance the corporate reputation of TWDC
- Establish strategic positioning of TWDC aligned with business goals
- Strategic communications advisor to the business team
- Design a proactive and targeted media relations and engagement program targeting the most influential press outlets and stakeholders
- Work closely with Disney+Hotstar publicity and marketing team on content promotion and targeted press engagement
- Proactively identify and manage potential issues and opportunities
- Provide Executive Engagement Support, including press outreach and speaking opportunities
- Work with senior executive teams and HR on internal employee engagement programs
- Identify and educate stakeholders, including allies, opinion leaders and 3rd party experts to support business objectives
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Public Affairs, Communications, Journalism, Government, Broadcast Communications or other relevant areas.
- 12+ years of corporate communications experience dealing with leading brands, high profile government work or agency experience.
- Strong knowledge of the local media and consumer landscape; media and entertainment industry knowledge a plus
- Experience advising and working with senior business and government stakeholders
- Deep editor and stakeholder relationships in Indonesia
- Team player with experience working with virtual teams across markets and regions
- Excellent oral/written communication and presentation skills (Bahasa and English)
- Issues and crisis communications experience.
- Demonstrated creative thinking and strong project management skills.
- Flexibility, resourcefulness and an ability to thrive in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills to influence and forge partnerships both internally (across Asia and the U.S.) and externally.
- Proactive, self-starter.
- Computer proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access.
- High level of corporate professionalism, maturity and political savvy.
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company (Southeast Asia) Pte. Limited, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.