Already applied?View Dashboard
Manager, Corporate CommunicationsApply Now Apply Later Job ID 621465BR Location Jakarta, Jakarta Special Capital Region, Indonesia Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Dec. 17, 2018
- Developing closer and more positive relationships with key media contacts
- Administrative role in communications of Disney’s various lines of business
- Assisting the Communications Director on the local market communications agenda.
- Areas of oversight will include, but not be limited to, branding, product, publicity and franchise communications, crisis communications support and executive communications support.
- Strong internal communications skills are also necessary to work with executives and corporate communications staff in the Disney network.
- Implementation of corporate communications & publicity plans
- Identification and relationship build with stakeholders to include Media, NGOs, Social media, government agencies, others.
- Supporting on internal communications via Intranet newsletter
- Liaison with LOB teams to maximize efficiency and awareness of programs
- Ability to work with media to shape editorial calendars according to LOB communications strategy
- Development of key media relationships in SEA
- Writing press releases; Draft speaking points for executives
- Ability to work with LOBS, licensees and partners in the region providing clear guidance and support for local communication.
- Crisis & Issues management support
- Ability to create meaningful CSR programs and garner staff support.
- Counsel executives in the absence of Director of Communications.
- Perform any and all other duties, as may from time to time be assigned from management team.
- The ideal candidate would be a leader who are able to work within a matrix organization.
- Ideally we are looking for someone with an experience in working in a media environment but not essential.
- A university graduate with at least 5 years’ publicity / corporate communications experience either in house or in an agency.
- You are creative, initiative, innovative and have a good sense of humour.
- Excellent co-ordination and communication skills/ ability to multi-task essential
- Able to work in a highly innovative and dynamic environment
- Ability to interact confidently with all levels across various LOBs
- Ability to work in a heavily matrix structured organization
- Good communication skill especially in English as you will need to communicate with various stakeholders locally and regionally.
- Computer literate including the use of MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Fluent English is essential; other languages are not essential, but useful.
At Disney, having a diverse workforce is critical to our business. We welcome a variety of opinions, ideas and perspectives to ensure we continue to top our own performance and represent our global marketplace. When our people reflect the communities we serve, it enhances the way we connect to our guests, audiences and consumers. Together, we work toward an inclusive environment that fosters creativity, innovation and camaraderie across all of our companies.
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with PT. Walt Disney Indonesia, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).