Already applied?View Dashboard
Manager, HardlinesApply Now Apply Later Job ID 520938BR Location Jakarta, Daerah Khusus Ibukota Jakarta, Indonesia Business Walt Disney International Brand Walt Disney International Date posted 01/25/2018
The Hard-Line Manager is responsible for driving long term sustainable growth of the Hard-line category across Indonesia via:
- Development of relevant strategies for each of the sub-categories.
- Working closely with country teams to ensure local needs are incorporated into strategic development.
- Motivating PD peers to ensure that all product development delivers compelling product.
- Managing key licensee relationships.
You are accountable to the Hard-Line Senior Manager. Performance measured against annually agreed performance objectives and part targeted on financial royalty revenue each year. No direct budget (spend) responsibility, however budget is available subject to rationale.
- Maximise the Hard-line categories across Indonesia, managing a wide portfolio of partners and products.
- Develop and implement strategic plans for the total category and appropriate sub categories.
- Manage relationships with existing licensees & identify new partners to continually strengthen the licensee base.
- Lead contract negotiation with licensees and distributors to maximise Disney royalty revenue across regions.
- Lead team development activities, research projects, category meetings & licensee summits.
- Develop initiatives with other ‘lines of business’ (outside Hard-line) and Disney departments to maximise synergy activity and develop promotional opportunities.
- Collaboration with Disney market teams providing information and regular updates, understanding and satisfying local market needs and differences.
- Lead the team to provide persuasive proposals to present to country, regional wider divisional teams.
- Work closely with the Hard-Line Senior Manager on product development strategy outlining necessary range planning, brainstorms and development.
- Relevant commercial marketing or similar consumer targeted experience.
- Degree level educated in a related field or equivalent work experience.
- Substantial experience within consumer products management.
Ideally you must have:
- Financial acumen.
- Computer literate including the use of MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Apple Keynote would be useful.
- Able to analyze data and construct practical conclusions and recommendations.
- Fluent English is essential; other languages are not essential, but useful.
- A strategic thinker who has the vision to plan and drive results and success.
- Creative in outlook and problem solving and excited by innovation and new opportunities.
- Able to manage change.
- Must be able to collaborate, influence and persuade at all levels.
- Strong partnership and relationship building skills.
- Able to work well as part of a team as well as the independence to use initiative and work autonomously.
Able to incorporate a reasonable amount of overnight travel, both Indonesia and overseas, as you are required to visit licensees and attend meetings as and when required.
At Disney, having a diverse workforce is critical to our business. We welcome a variety of opinions, ideas and perspectives to ensure we continue to top our own performance and represent our global marketplace. When our people reflect the communities we serve, it enhances the way we connect to our guests, audiences and consumers. Together, we work toward an inclusive environment that fosters creativity, innovation and camaraderie across all of our companies.