Manager, Product Development - Disney Consumer ProductsApply NowApply Later Job ID 800588BR Location Jakarta, Jakarta Special Capital Region, Indonesia Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted May 28, 2021
- Manage multiple projects, co-ordinate internal and external resources to ensure effective delivery that is on time and within budget
- Nurture, inspire and mentor the design team by fostering a collaborative and positive environment
- Build and maintain successful relationships with the commercial and creative teams within SAMENA and APAC regions
- Collaborate across teams/regions on all creative projects
- Collaborate and implement creative strategies, and to work closely with the business teams for Key Accounts and New Businesses and Retail.
- Ensure the execution of projects are of high-quality and delivered on time
- Make decisions/manage rounds of approval on creative concepts within the area of responsibility and within pre-set guidelines to ensure consistency with brand guidelines and wider product strategies
- Drive the creative approach to projects from conception to delivery, to ensure the best possible creative output
- Communicate or present creative direction to Management to achieve sign off
- Communicate or present creative direction to other parts of the organisation to share ideas and audience insights, and to ensure consistency of approach if required
- Develop creative strategies for the team across brands, products and retail, while keeping in mind evolving times
- Conduct continual research on local and global consumer/market trends, and to share these trends with creative teams and licensees
- Partner with key account teams and licensees in product development range planning to ensure continuity of products in markets
- Provide creative direction, inspiration and feedback to licensees in order to drive product quality
- Train and develop all new and existing licensees on the Disney brands, property portfolios, creative assets and approval systems, and to ensure that they have the appropriate creative assets for product development
- Execute the approval process from initiation to production in a timely manner and ensure that all product submissions are routed through Disney’s Online Product Approval (OPA) system as per global product integrity guidelines
- Work closely with the New Business, Commercial teams and Retail to develop compelling creative proposals and create new product design and inspirations across categories for pitching to new partners in order to generate new opportunities.
- Act as brand guardian to ensure that product development and designs adhere to Disney’s brand standards and guidelines.
- A relevant degree or diploma (graphic design, visual communications, industrial design or equivalent) with a strong portfolio
- 8 – 10 years of design experience with relevant design work
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite such as Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, Premier Pro, After Effects (3D modeling software is a bonus)
- Good understanding of the licensing industry and product development process
- Creative, capable of bringing forth ideas and concepts that deliver strong results
- A keen eye for aesthetics, color, style and trends, plus a strong attention to detail
- Strong creative problem-solving skills
- Highly committed, conscientious, pro-active and able to show initiative, and ideas
- Able to take ownership for creative aspects within a defined area
- A positive team player that is communicative, responsive, willing to learn and assist others in the team
- Good project management skills and able to manage multiple projects at any given time
- Able to deliver against set deadlines and budgets as directed
- Good commercial sense and awareness
- Good presentation skill with excellent verbal and written communication skills
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company (Southeast Asia) Pte. Limited, which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.