Product Design & Development ManagerApply NowApply Later Job ID 10028346 Location Jakarta, Indonesia Business Disney Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Nov. 22, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
Disney is seeking a passionate and commercially minded Product Design and Development Manager with strong Design Presentation Skills.
The ideal candidate need to innovate and inspire our partners for our hardlines business, which includes following categories - Toys, Consumer Electronics, Back to School, Food, Health & Beauty. The candidate should be equally adept at making New Business Pitches as well as inspire existing Key Partners to develop more licensed product. Our partners include large MNC’s, National Brands and local business houses of varied size and scale, having presence in - Traditional Trade, Modern Trade and E-Commerce.
The Product Design and Development Manager will play a key role in bringing our stories & characters to life through compelling product concepts and experiences.
The successful candidate will need to be part of a dynamic Indonesian Consumer Products Team, have strong knowledge of graphic & packaging design, excellent creative credentials and the ability to understand and translate a design brief with speed and efficiency. Experience in creating 3D products is an advantage.
- Work directly with the Product Design and Development Lead, the Indonesian PD and Commercial Team
- Develop new business pitches, bespoke design projects and product toolkits across FHB, Toys & Consumer Electronics, E-Commerce and Back to School and lay the future thought process on creative, constantly evolving & re-inventing, in sync with the consumer mindset
- Create new product design graphics & 3D renditions across categories to pitch to new partners, with a strong focus on innovation
- Provide design direction, inspiration & feedback to licensees on both 2D application and 3D product submissions in order to drive excellent product quality
- Collaborate & implement the creative strategy, working closely with the business teams for brand partnerships we have under Key Accounts and New Business
- Work closely with the Product Design and Development Lead on future creative strategies across brands & products keeping in mind evolving times
- Develop and maintain successful working relationships with licensees and other internal & external stakeholders
- Train & develop all new and existing licensees on the Disney brand, property portfolio, creative assets and approval systems, ensuring that they have the appropriate creative assets for product development
- Execute the approval process from initiation to production in a timely manner, ensuring all product submissions are routed through Disney’s Online Product Approval (OPA) system as per global product integrity guidelines
- Act as brand guardian, ensure that product development and designs adhere to Disney brand standards and guidelines
The ideal candidate would be optimistic, passionate & curious about the Disney Brand and Story Telling through Product Development. We are looking for a commercial minded to influence new design thinking & strategy to drive business results.
- 8 to 10 years of design experience with relevant graphic design/packaging design work & strong graphic skills
- Experience in licensing and managing small teams would be a bonus
- Experience in creating 3D products is an advantage
- Bachelor's Degree in Fine Arts, Advertising or Graphic Design & Typography from reputed Indonesian or Global Institutes
- Passion for Disney & Marvel brands, content & products
- Excellent working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, software such as Photoshop, Illustrator and 3D software.
- Strong conceptual, design and typography skills
- An quick learner, an ability to communicate and interpret a clear design brief
- Strong creative problem-solving skills with the desire to learn and assist others on the team
- Knowledge of design and development process from concept to execution
- Ability to collaborate with a team and perform tasks in a timely and productive manner
- A positive attitude that contributes to the overall success of a collaborative environment
- An ability to deliver against set deadlines and budgets as directed
The Walt Disney Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We strive to be a diverse workforce that is representative of our audiences, and where all can thrive and belong. We are committed to building a team that includes and respects a variety of voices, identities, backgrounds, experiences and perspectives.
The Walt Disney Company is committed to creating a healthy and safe workplace environment for our employees. As part of this ongoing effort, the company strongly encourages newly hired employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
About Disney Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Disney Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with PT. Walt Disney Indonesia, which is part of a business we call Disney Parks, Experiences and Products.