Catering Houseperson- Part TimeApply NowApply Later Job ID 1136107BR Location Kapolei, Hawaii, United States Business Aulani, A Disney Resort & Spa Date posted Sep. 07, 2023
- Responsible for setting up banquet room/event by setting up tables and chairs in event space including linen
- Obtain, assemble and arrange tables and chairs according to the BEO
- Gather all necessary materials/equipment for event operation
- Stages and plates silverware, glassware and all table accoutrements for event in designated lay down area
- Responsible for maintaining the cleanliness of banquet area throughout the event and removing trash
- Keeps all event spaces, storages areas, foyers, and service areas clean and organized
- Welcomes and interacts with guests in a positive and friendly manner
- Refreshes room during event breaks (i.e. water stations)
- Strikes room at end of event
- Responsible for ensuring that china, silverware and glassware are returned to the proper dish machine area
- Completes stock and spoilage records as needed
- Maintains and operates banquet vehicles
- Counts, sorts and organizes linens and other banquet supplies (table, chairs, etc.)
- Excellent Hospitality skills
- Ability to multi task and work in a very fast paced environment
- Speed, accuracy and efficiency are required and ability to work well under pressure
- Demonstrated ability to own and resolve guest situations
- Self-directed (can complete tasks with minimal supervision)
- Willing to follow instructions & take direction
- Supportive of other cast working on your team
- Can complete repetitious tasks while maintaining quality
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Must be flexible and able to work a variety of shifts, including days, nights, weekends, holidays and special events.
- Previous banquet/restaurant experience
- Knowledge of Hawaiian/Japanese language preferred.
Additional Information:SCHEDULE AVAILABILTY
This position is Part-Time. Must be available for a minimum of three (3) full days of availability with one (1) of the days must be on Saturday and the other 2 days during the weekday on either Tuesday, Wednesday or Friday.
Our Theme Parks and Resort Hotels operate 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
SUBMITTING YOUR APPLICATION
After clicking “Apply for this job” below, the employment application will open in a new window. Please complete ALL pages of the application by clicking “Next” on each page, then “Submit” on the final page.
Keyword: AULANI CASTING, Aulani Casting
About Aulani, A Disney Resort & Spa:
Combining the natural beauty and spirit of the Hawaiian islands with a touch of Disney magic, Aulani, a Disney Resort & Spa embraces and celebrates Hawaiian culture and storytelling. Situated on 21 acres of oceanfront property on the island of O‘ahu, the resort was uniquely designed for families to discover the culture, history and traditions of Hawai‘i against a backdrop of blue skies and beautiful views. Cast members are integral to bringing these stories of Hawai‘i to life, while upholding Disney’s renowned service and enchanting entertainment offerings.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: Disney Entertainment, ESPN, Disney Parks, and Experiences and Products. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Vacation Club Hawaii Management Company, LLC, which is part of a business we call Aulani, A Disney Resort & Spa.
Disney Vacation Club Hawaii Management Company, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.