ChefApply NowApply Later Job ID 10041136 Location Kapolei, Hawaii, United States Business Aulani, A Disney Resort & Spa Date posted Mar. 09, 2023
Aulani is looking for a Banquet Chef. Do you possess a refined palate and passion for the culinary arts? Do people describe you as a foodie fanatic and a fearless finesser of any ingredient you touch? Are you a leader, not a manager, and naturally gain the respect of those who report to you by supporting, listening, motivating, and delivering results?
This position reports to the Executive Chef
- Provide leadership, ongoing development, support and motivation to salaried and hourly direct reports, creating a positive environment that encourages ownership and accountability that meets or exceeds business expectations
- Ensure high quality Guest service & food quality standards within Banquets, the Cast Cafeteria and the Main Kitchen operations through coaching and accountability measures
- Foster an environment that promotes creativity and innovation and one that welcomes and embraces change
- Interview, hire, schedule and coach Cast Members on assigned teams
- Execution of all menu categories and specific recipes for each menu item including costing, timing, quality, temperature, portion and presentation
- Be knowledgeable and able to communicate directly with guests that have special allergies or dietary restrictions
- Ensure safety and sanitation levels are upheld in accordance with the State of Hawaii and WDP&R standards and regulations
- Effectively manage food and labor-related costs, while minimizing food waste in inefficiency
- Design creative and well-balanced menu/product offerings in Banquets, providing clients with a variety of selections and opportunities for customization
- Develop and nurture relationships and partnerships with the Front of the House Banquets team and other Resort partners and vendors to provide the most optimal results
- Minimum 5 years of culinary management experience
- Demonstrated ability to create customized menus, ensuring that the options are well-balanced friendly for the environment
- Experience in all service styles within Banquets & Restaurants, including formal table service to quick-service
- Understand and demonstrate fundamentals of cooking
- Demonstrated good organizational and time management skills
- Proven computer skills in Word and Excel
- Strong communication, leadership and interpersonal skills; able to articulate thoughts
- Demonstrated ability to lead and develop a diverse team
- Ability to develop, motivate, mentor and coach cast members
- Ability to work in a rapidly changing environment
- Ability to build relationships within the Resort
- High school degree
- Associate degree in Culinary Arts
- Demonstrated experience in developing annual operating plans
- Attained Food Safety Certification
- Knowledgeable of industry trends and practical business applications
- Current or previous Culinary experience in Hawaii
- Able to read and analyze a profit/loss statement
Our Benefits: Disney offers a rewards package to help you live your best life. This includes health and savings benefits, educational opportunities and special extras that only Disney can provide. Learn more about our benefits and perks at https://jobs.disneycareers.com/aulani-benefits
About Aulani, A Disney Resort & Spa:
Combining the natural beauty and spirit of the Hawaiian islands with a touch of Disney magic, Aulani, a Disney Resort & Spa embraces and celebrates Hawaiian culture and storytelling. Situated on 21 acres of oceanfront property on the island of O‘ahu, the resort was uniquely designed for families to discover the culture, history and traditions of Hawai‘i against a backdrop of blue skies and beautiful views. Cast members are integral to bringing these stories of Hawai‘i to life, while upholding Disney’s renowned service and enchanting entertainment offerings.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: Disney Entertainment, ESPN, Disney Parks, and Experiences and Products. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with DVC Hawaii Management Company, LLC, which is part of a business we call Aulani, A Disney Resort & Spa.
DVC Hawaii Management Company, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.