Already applied?View Dashboard
Cook 1 (Experienced) - Full TimeApply Now Apply Later Job ID 646578BR Location Kapolei, Hawaii, United States Business Aulani, A Disney Resort & Spa Date posted Apr. 12, 2019
Responsible for the execution of all menu categories and specific recipes including timing, quality, temperature, portion, and presentation. Will oversee daily operations in all restaurant locations and will assist with culinary supervision promoting a fun working environment. Act as a partner with Front of House operations to ensure training/knowledge of product ensuring a smooth operation. In the absence of a sous chef, will overseeing the operation.
- Knowledge of all cooking techniques such as braising, baking, roasting (oven or rotating spit) and high level skillet/sauté work
- Proficient in all stations in the kitchen and multiple cooking skills including: Pastry, Sauté, Fry, Grill, Pantry, Prep and Expo positions
- Knowledge of all kitchen equipment, including adjusting thermostat controls to regulate temperature of ovens, broilers, grills, roasters and steam kettles
- Proven ability to create menus, recipes & production procedures
- May be required to write and price custom menus for banquet events
- Ability to inventory product, read menus (BEOs, Private Dining Orders, Restaurant Orders) and estimate food requirements to create a production plan
- Responsible for daily food orders and production schedules.
- Assist with providing overall culinary supervision including recognition programs and appreciation events
- Partner with Front of House to ensure Cast training/product knowledge to ensure smooth operation
- Knowledge of basic butchering
- Working knowledge of cost controls
- Maintains standards and specifications related to food preparation/handling on a daily basis
- Execution of all menu categories and specific recipes for each menu item including timing, quality, temperature, portion and presentation
- Knowledge and thorough understanding of food safety and sanitation guidelines including temperature requirements and HACCP (Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points) while understanding the science in cooking temperatures
- Responsible for checking and maintaining proper temperatures throughout preparation, cooling, holding and serving of food items including adjusting thermostat controls to regulate temperatures
- Observes and tests food being cooked by tasting, smelling and piercing with cooking utensil to determine that food is cooked properly, according to specifications
- Cleans kitchen equipment
- Ability to handle special dietary requests and to work with guests requiring special requests due to dietary concerns
- Cold and hot holding equipment and food checklist conducted daily
- You must be at least 18 years of age to be considered for this role
- Minimum 5 years experience in culinary field/high volume restaurant or Culinary Degree and 3 years of related experience
- Strong communication, leadership and interpersonal skills
- Experience with coaching and motivating employees
- Adept at troubleshooting and can calmly handle difficult situations
- Proven ability to create, read and understand recipes
- Strong organizational skills; Ability to lead a team in a very fast paced environment
- Exhibits a positive, friendly and helpful attitude to our guests and fellow cast members
- Motivates and encourages cast members through daily reinforcement and coaching
- Demonstrates excellent guest service skills and is able to give appropriate service recovery
- Demonstrates passion and enthusiasm for working in the kitchen. Proven knowledge of culinary techniques and terminology
- Ability to work with technology (plate costing buffet system, CAFÉ system, KDS, Work brain)
- Vocation school training or high school certification
- Culinary Education Degree or equivalent
- Certification from CIA or Equivalent
- Basic Wine Knowledge
- Minimum 3 years experience in a Restaurant Management related role
- Recommendation from school
- Food Safety Certification or Equivalent
Additional Information:SCHEDULE AVAILABILTY
Full-Time requires full availability for any shift at any time - including early mornings, late nights, weekends and holidays.
Our Theme Parks and Resort Hotels operate 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
Keyword: AULANI CASTING
SUBMITTING YOUR APPLICATION
After clicking “Apply for this job” below, the employment application will open in a new window. Please complete ALL pages of the application by clicking “Next” on each page, then “Submit” on the final page.
About Aulani, A Disney Resort & Spa:
Combining the natural beauty and spirit of the Hawaiian islands with a touch of Disney magic, Aulani, a Disney Resort & Spa embraces and celebrates Hawaiian culture and storytelling. Situated on 21 acres of oceanfront property on the island of O‘ahu, the resort was uniquely designed for families to discover the culture, history and traditions of Hawai‘i against a backdrop of blue skies and beautiful views. Cast members are integral to bringing these stories of Hawai‘i to life, while upholding Disney’s renowned service and enchanting entertainment offerings.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Vacation Club Hawaii Management Company, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Aulani, A Disney Resort & Spa.
Disney Vacation Club Hawaii Management Company, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.