Costuming - Part TimeApply NowApply Later Job ID 999260BR Location Kapolei, Hawaii, United States Business Aulani, A Disney Resort & Spa Date posted Jun. 30, 2022
- 100% full coverage of healthcare for you and your eligible dependents
- 100% paid tuition at network schools
- Free lunch
- Free parking
- Free theme park admission and much more!
- Interacts with cast members and ensure clean costumes for each working shift
- Helps performers dress/undress
- Responsible for the care of costumes and underdressings
- Inspect costumes and pieces for repairs - sends out to respective locations
- Housekeeping, including (but not limited to) vacuuming, sweeping, emptying trash, dusting, etc.
- Laundry, including (but not limited to) sorting, scrubbing, hand-washing, placing in dryer, ironing, folding, and placing all costumes/under dressings on hangers
- Frequent use of Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) scanning system to inventory and track inventory
- Frequent use of computer to input cast member information and complete multiple transactions in managing inventory
- Assists cast members in locating the proper costumes
- As clean costumes come in, put away in the designated location(s)
- Will handle and sort dirty/soiled laundry
- May work locker issue - responsible for issuing locks to cast members, assist cast members with lockers, maintain locker rooms, support locker room clean outs, organize department supplies, conduct fittings as needed, order costumes, maintain records for laundry services
- May work stockroom - responsible for supporting the operation in a warehouse-like environment where you may receive, store, deliver and track costumes
- Passion for the Entertainment industry
- Willingness to enforce and model the Disney Look appearance guidelines
- Direct cast members on how to wear the assigned costumes
- Confident using computer tracing systems
- Experience in a fast paced work environment
- Can complete repetitious tasks while maintaining quality of work
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Willing to learn (may need to learn how to sew buttons, hooks, etc.)
- May require climbing tall ladders and working at heights
- Previous experience in a warehouse and/or theatrical environment
- Sewing experience: Able to operate industrial sewing machines and be able to demonstrate basic knowledge of altering and repairing a garment
- Knowledge of Hawaiian/Japanese language preferred
Additional Information:SCHEDULE AVAILABILTY
Full-Time requires full availability for any shift at any time - including early mornings, late nights, weekends and holidays.
Our Theme Parks and Resort Hotels operate 24 hours a days, 365 days a year.
Keyword: AULANI CASTING, AULANICASTING
About Aulani, A Disney Resort & Spa:
Combining the natural beauty and spirit of the Hawaiian islands with a touch of Disney magic, Aulani, a Disney Resort & Spa embraces and celebrates Hawaiian culture and storytelling. Situated on 21 acres of oceanfront property on the island of O‘ahu, the resort was uniquely designed for families to discover the culture, history and traditions of Hawai‘i against a backdrop of blue skies and beautiful views. Cast members are integral to bringing these stories of Hawai‘i to life, while upholding Disney’s renowned service and enchanting entertainment offerings.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Vacation Club Hawaii Management Company, LLC, which is part of a business we call Aulani, A Disney Resort & Spa.
Disney Vacation Club Hawaii Management Company, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.