Already applied?View Dashboard
Disney Vacation Club Associate (Marketing Associate)Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 677928BR Location Kapolei, Hawaii, United States Business Aulani, A Disney Resort & Spa Date posted Oct. 28, 2019
The Disney Vacation Club is a vacation ownership/timeshare that gives our Guests the chance to enjoy Disney experiences around the country for years to come. Selling the Disney Vacation Club is a true team effort, but it all begins with the Disney Vacation Club Associate, who brings the idea to our Guests when they’re having fun in our Parks and Resorts. Disney Vacation Club Associates earn a guaranteed hourly rate -- plus commission -- so if you think that person could be you, please apply today!
Responsibilities:Your job would be to staff the kiosks at Aulani, A Disney Resort & Spa and/or at our off-site locations with your naturally friendly, outgoing way. After you get to know the Guest and answer any questions they have about Disney, you’d encourage them to attend a sales presentation where they would learn why the Disney Vacation Club makes senses for them.
Every single day as a Disney Vacation Club Associate is different! On any one day you might:
- Get to know Guests from around the world;
- Spark interest in the Disney Vacation Club by helping Guests imagine how much fun it would be to look forward to years of Disney vacations;
- Take “no” for an answer – it happens sometimes – and move on, your smile and spirit intact;
- Share your passion for, and knowledge of, everything Disney with our Guests;
- See your sales skills translate into real earnings potential – there’s no cap to what you can earn;
- Work the early, mid, or late shift – each one offers a unique challenge and opportunity for sales;
- Earn commissions by signing up qualified Guests to attend the sales presentation;
- Enjoy all the perks and benefits of working for The Walt Disney Company, including special events screenings, discounts on food and merchandise, and free admission to the Parks with your Main Entrance Gate Pass!
- Willingness to proactively approach people you don’t know and engage them in conversation;
- A demonstrated history of taking the initiative and being a self-starter;
- Exceptional verbal and writing skills;
- Flexibility to work different shifts, on weekends and on holidays;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Stamina to stand, stay and work outdoors in all weather conditions, including rain, heat and cold;
- A true passion for Guest service, and for Disney;
- Proficiency with computers and with Windows-based systems.
- Proficiency in a language other than English. Japanese preferred.
- Experience making sales pitches/presentations;
- Knowledge of the timeshare industry;
- Prior experience in sales;
- Problem-solving skills;
- Understanding of the Walt Disney Parks & Resorts standards and expectations.
Required EducationHigh School diploma or equivalent
Preferred EducationCollege / University degree
About Aulani, A Disney Resort & Spa:
Combining the natural beauty and spirit of the Hawaiian islands with a touch of Disney magic, Aulani, a Disney Resort & Spa embraces and celebrates Hawaiian culture and storytelling. Situated on 21 acres of oceanfront property on the island of O‘ahu, the resort was uniquely designed for families to discover the culture, history and traditions of Hawai‘i against a backdrop of blue skies and beautiful views. Cast members are integral to bringing these stories of Hawai‘i to life, while upholding Disney’s renowned service and enchanting entertainment offerings.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Vacation Development, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Aulani, A Disney Resort & Spa.
Disney Vacation Development, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.