Dive Technician - Part TimeApply NowApply Later Job ID 1016502BR Location Kapolei, Hawaii, United States Business Aulani, A Disney Resort & Spa Date posted Aug. 03, 2022
The Dive Technician will serve as primary support for all Animal Programs dive activities, including guest programs such as SAS and Underwater Explorers which may require the use of video and/or photography equipment as well. Duties will also include, but are not limited to, monitoring animal habitats and diving to clean animal habitats. Duties include cleaning and debris removal from animal habitats as well as upkeep of equipment pads used for water treatment and handling of dive gear used for both guest and team programs. Basic animal husbandry tasks such as food preparation, animal feeds, guest fish feeding programs, clean-up of areas, and rotation of decon-tub items will be assigned as needed. This role ensures adherence to dive safety, strict water quality guidelines, which is the basis of our aquatic animal health program, and excellent guest service.
- Knowledge of Basic Chemistry
- Biology, & Physics concepts
- Ability to interface in a positive & productive manner with peripheral teams -(Ex. Animal Programs Husbandry and Maintenance Support Groups)
- Demonstrate ability to calmly deal with problem issues
- Demonstrate excellent record keeping & documentation skills
- Ability to Work in a Team Environment
- Exemplary Attendance Pattern
- Knowledge of PC based software including Microsoft Office
- Ability to positively interact with guest of Aulani - A Disney Resort and Spa
- NAUI Scuba Instructor Certification
- Demonstrated strong analytical skills
- Demonstrated strong partnering skills
- Proven water filtration background a plus with an understanding of Filters, Valves, Pumps and Disinfection processes
- Demonstrated ability to share creative and new ideas
- Proven understanding of SCADA control systems
- Ability to troubleshoot inaccuracies and malfunctioning system components to isolate problem areas. Report mechanical discrepancies to the facilities team and leadership
- Ability to organize work and to set priorities; has basic multi-tasking skills
- Ability to coordinate and supervise contracted service agents as necessary
- Ability to work as part of a global team and work well under pressure and changing situations
- Ability to understand the basic principles of water chemistry as they pertain to Life Support systems (DO, pH, Temperature, Nitrogen cycle, turbidity, ORP/HRR, oxidizers, algaecides, rules governing chemical application, biological filtration, nutrients, etc.)
- Ability to perform the daily accountabilities as they pertain to the shift (system inspections, skimmer/drain/pool cleaning, pump basket maintenance, manual backwash, pool balance, etc.)
- Dive Master or higher scuba certification
- High School degree or equivalent
Additional Information:SCHEDULE AVAILABILTY
Our Theme Parks and Resort Hotels operate 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
SUBMITTING YOUR APPLICATION
After clicking “Apply for this job” below, the employment application will open in a new window. Please complete ALL pages of the application by clicking “Next” on each page, then “Submit” on the final page.
Keyword: AULANI CASTING, AULANICASTING
About Aulani, A Disney Resort & Spa:
Combining the natural beauty and spirit of the Hawaiian islands with a touch of Disney magic, Aulani, a Disney Resort & Spa embraces and celebrates Hawaiian culture and storytelling. Situated on 21 acres of oceanfront property on the island of O‘ahu, the resort was uniquely designed for families to discover the culture, history and traditions of Hawai‘i against a backdrop of blue skies and beautiful views. Cast members are integral to bringing these stories of Hawai‘i to life, while upholding Disney’s renowned service and enchanting entertainment offerings.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Vacation Club Hawaii Management Company, LLC, which is part of a business we call Aulani, A Disney Resort & Spa.
Disney Vacation Club Hawaii Management Company, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.