Already applied?View Dashboard
Entry Level Hair Technician, Laniwai - A Disney SpaApply Now Apply Later Job ID 663881BR Location Kapolei, Hawaii, United States Business Aulani, A Disney Resort & Spa Date posted Apr. 30, 2019
From massages and skin care treatments, to unique "rain water" therapies and personalized programs, Laniwai Spa at Aulani, A Disney Resort & Spa offers over 150 relaxing and refreshing therapies designed to help our guests truly unwind during their stay.
Our cast members provide the ultimate level of personal attention and a first rate dedication to impeccable service that Disney is known for world over. From our skilled practitioners, who administer skin and massage treatments to our talented salon professionals, each individual makes sure our guests take an amazing journey without ever leaving Aulani, A Disney Resort & Spa.
At Laniwai Salon, our full service salon offers manicures and pedicures, Bridal hair, makeup, haircuts and waxing. All treatments include herbal bath, deep cleanse, bamboo peel exfoliation, herbal lotion, nail treatment and massage. There are even special experiences for guests 12 and under.
Our cast members at Laniwai - A Disney Spa, help our guest soothe, rejuvenate the mind, body and spirit.
- Provide consistent professional hair and makeup services in accordance with Spa protocols and accepted certification practices
- Properly care for equipment and use proper amounts of products to be cost effective
- Possess complete knowledge of all services for children ages 3-12 and products while educating and training guests
- Must have the ability to create an image for the guest's needs/social event using different makeup colors and application techniques
- Must possess a technical understanding of product ingredients to avoid allergic reactions
- Uphold the standards of sanitation and sterilization as directed by law and the spa's policies and procedures
- Perform prep work and properly clean and restock room as required
- Actively promote spa, treatments, services, sessions, and retail as well as programs and promotions
- Handle guest questions and concerns professionally and courteously
- Provide accurate and immediate responses to all requests by guests ensuring complete guest satisfaction
- Regularly attend/participate in and support ongoing training to continue to be knowledgeable about current spa trends
- Must be able to perform hair, nail and makeup services offered by Painted Sky - HI Style Studio
- Indoor/outdoor work location
- Must currently hold and maintain state Cosmetology license (with state of Hawaii)
- Entry level skill set encouraged to apply
- Must have enthusiasm and possess excellent guest service skills
- Excellent communication and listening skills
- Enjoy working with people and possess a friendly personality
- Ability to confidently utilize service recovery methods
- Proactive in anticipating guest needs
- Knowledgeable about Resort and surrounding area
- Basic computer knowledge
- Knowledge of Hawaiian/Japanese language
This role is Part-Time and requires full availability for any shift, a MINIMUM of THREE (3) days per week - Saturday or Sunday required. For training purposes, extended availability for up to two (2) weeks may be required immediately following the start date.
Our Theme Parks and Resort Hotels operate 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
SUBMITTING YOUR APPLICATION
After clicking “Apply for this job” below, the employment application will open in a new window. Please complete ALL pages of the application by clicking “Next” on each page, then “Submit” on the final page.
About Aulani, A Disney Resort & Spa:
Combining the natural beauty and spirit of the Hawaiian islands with a touch of Disney magic, Aulani, a Disney Resort & Spa embraces and celebrates Hawaiian culture and storytelling. Situated on 21 acres of oceanfront property on the island of O‘ahu, the resort was uniquely designed for families to discover the culture, history and traditions of Hawai‘i against a backdrop of blue skies and beautiful views. Cast members are integral to bringing these stories of Hawai‘i to life, while upholding Disney’s renowned service and enchanting entertainment offerings.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Vacation Club Hawaii Management Company, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Aulani, A Disney Resort & Spa.
Disney Vacation Club Hawaii Management Company, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.