Already applied?View Dashboard
Finance Manager - AulaniApply Now Apply Later Job ID 606252BR Location Kapolei, Hawaii, United States Business Aulani, A Disney Resort & Spa Date posted Jan. 07, 2019
Job Summary:This Finance Manager plays an integral role on the Aulani Operations Finance team that supports Aulani, A Disney Resort & Spa as part of the larger Disney Vacation Club organization. This position is responsible for providing business and decision support to various departments, leading financial planning processes (i.e. AOP, Forecast, LTP), consolidation processes, leading the business operations team, as well as ad hoc work to support the Aulani business.
- Provide financial support and strategic business guidance and analytics for various departments within Aulani working closely with operations leadership
- Coordinate and consolidate Aulani financial planning processes, including Long-Term Plan, Annual Operating Plan, and monthly Forecasts
- Lead Business Operations team which is responsible for managing the currency operations on site, group billing, property control and routine auditing
- Provide guidance and leadership support to the on-site team for day to day responsibilities
- Analyze ongoing trends and monitor key indicators which may influence Aulani’s performance
- Partner with Financial Reporting, Condo Finance and other finance partners as needed
- Inform off site leadership of business decisions and impacts
- Perform pro forma and other analytical ad hoc requests from operations and finance leadership
- 5 or more years of finance or accounting experience in a service industry environment
- Proven experience and strong understanding of SAP, company hierarchy, Longview and BW Reporting
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Demonstrated strong finance and accounting analytical skills
- Demonstrated attention to detail and accuracy
- Demonstrated ability to critically analyze variance explanations
- Demonstrated ability to perform complex financial analysis and solve problems
- Demonstrated analytical and strategic thinking skills
- Demonstrated strong decision-making skills
- Demonstrated strong process orientation with a mindset for continually driving efficiency
- Demonstrated strong written and verbal communications skills
- Demonstrated ability to create executive level presentations
- Demonstrated strong relationship building skills and ability to interact with all levels of management
- Demonstrated ability to work in an environment with rapidly changing priorities
- Demonstrated proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to support partners in different time zones
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, or equivalent
- Master’s degree in Business Administration, or equivalent
About Aulani, A Disney Resort & Spa:
Combining the natural beauty and spirit of the Hawaiian islands with a touch of Disney magic, Aulani, a Disney Resort & Spa embraces and celebrates Hawaiian culture and storytelling. Situated on 21 acres of oceanfront property on the island of O‘ahu, the resort was uniquely designed for families to discover the culture, history and traditions of Hawai‘i against a backdrop of blue skies and beautiful views. Cast members are integral to bringing these stories of Hawai‘i to life, while upholding Disney’s renowned service and enchanting entertainment offerings.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Vacation Club Hawaii Management Company, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Aulani, A Disney Resort & Spa.
Disney Vacation Club Hawaii Management Company, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.