Fine Dining Experienced Cook-Base Pay Above $30/hr+$1,500 Hiring BonusApply NowApply Later Job ID 1030556BR Location Kapolei, Hawaii, United States Business Aulani, A Disney Resort & Spa Date posted Sep. 08, 2022
Join the opening team for our signature fine dining restaurant at Aulani, A Disney Resort & Spa. Apply today!
At the Aulani A Disney Resort and Spa, dream jobs do exist. Are you ready to use your culinary skills in innovative, fast-paced environments that range from catering to fine dining, to pastry and beyond? Our Culinary Team is focused on creating magic for our Guests by ensuring the highest standards of culinary excellence! Innovative and fast paced environments at our resort and Signature Fine Dining, Banquets, Pastry, Quick Service and Table Service!
Aulani, A Disney Resort and Spa invites you to be our Guest and explore exciting Culinary opportunities. Apply now!
Do not miss this unique opportunity to be part of the 'AMA 'AMA restaurant opening team!
- Full Time Cook 1 (Experienced)- $1,500 Hiring Bonus
- Full Time Cook 2 - $1,500 Hiring Bonus
Our Benefits and Perks:
- Base pay starts above $30 per hour
- Health Insurance - the company pays 100% of the medical/dental premium costs for the cast member and their eligible dependents
- Paid Time Off
- Free Parking and Meals
- Retirement Programs
- Theme Park Admission
- Weekly Pay
- Career Development
- Disney Aspire Program - eligible hourly Cast Members receive 100% of tuition paid upfront for partner institutions!
$1,500 Hiring Bonus (First payment after 90 days = $375 and Second payment after 150 days = $1,125)
To be eligible for the sign-on bonus, cast members must be in the position continuously for at least 90 days after hire and be employed by The Walt Disney Company at time of payment. A cast member is hired after the successful completion of Disney Traditions or one full day of employment. To be eligible for an incentive bonus after 150 days, cast members must remain employed in the position continuously for at least 150 days and be employed by The Walt Disney Company at the time of payment. Payments will be made approximately two weeks after the 90 and 150-day milestones, respectively. Bonus payments are subject to applicable taxes and other legal withholding. Disputes concerning eligibility to a bonus payment shall be resolved by Disneyland Recruitment in its sole and absolute discretion. The incentives offered herein are subject to change at any time, with or without notice. Cast Members hired prior to May 23, 2022 or after December 31, 2022 will not be eligible for an incentive award.
KEYWORD: Aulani Culinary, Hourly Jobs, hiring bonus, hiringbonus, incentive, signaturefinedining
- Minimum 5 years experience in culinary field/high volume restaurant or Culinary Degree and 3 years related experience
- Strong communication, leadership and interpersonal skills
- Experience with coaching and motivating employees
- Adept at troubleshooting and can calmly handle difficult situations
- Proven ability to create, read and understand recipes
- Strong organizational skills; Ability to lead a team in a very fast paced environment
- Exhibits a positive, friendly and helpful attitude to our guests and fellow cast members
- Motivates and encourages cast members through daily reinforcement and coaching
- Demonstrates excellent guest service skills and is able to give appropriate service recovery
- Demonstrates passion and enthusiasm for working in the kitchen. Proven knowledge of culinary techniques and terminology
- Ability to work with technology (plate costing buffet system, CAFÉ system, KDS, Work brain)
- Must be flexible and able to work a variety of shifts, including days, nights, weekends, holidays and special events
Full-Time requires full availability for any shift at any time - including early mornings, late nights, weekends and holidays.
Our Theme Parks and Resort Hotels operate 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
Keyword: AULANI CASTING, AULANICASTING, AMAAMA
About Aulani, A Disney Resort & Spa:
Combining the natural beauty and spirit of the Hawaiian islands with a touch of Disney magic, Aulani, a Disney Resort & Spa embraces and celebrates Hawaiian culture and storytelling. Situated on 21 acres of oceanfront property on the island of O‘ahu, the resort was uniquely designed for families to discover the culture, history and traditions of Hawai‘i against a backdrop of blue skies and beautiful views. Cast members are integral to bringing these stories of Hawai‘i to life, while upholding Disney’s renowned service and enchanting entertainment offerings.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Vacation Club Hawaii Management Company, LLC, which is part of a business we call Aulani, A Disney Resort & Spa.
Disney Vacation Club Hawaii Management Company, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.