Already applied?View Dashboard
Fitness Instructor - Part TimeApply Now Apply Later Job ID 494401BR Location Kapolei, Hawaii, United States Business Disney Parks & Resorts Brand Aulani, A Disney Resort & Spa Date posted 11/06/2017
Job Summary:As a Fitness Instructor, at Aulani, A Disney Resort & Spa, you have the ability to make fitness fun and rewarding. The Fitness Instructor is certified to lead classes, provide Personal Training sessions and private classes for Guests. They are fitness professionals with extensive experience in the fitness filed. The Fitness Instructor must be knowledgeable of all fitness offerings at the spa, hold current certifications and have previous experience as a Yoga Instructor. Must have excellent Guest Service skills in order to provide the highest quality environment and instruction that will exceed the needs of Guest in the area of health.
- Provide consistent professional fitness class and personal training sessions in accordance with spa protocols and accepted certification practices
- Properly care for equipment and maintain fitness equipment
- Maintain a clean, well-organized and stocked fitness area
- Have complete knowledge and understanding of all fitness offerings while educating and training guests in these areas
- Perform administrative duties in a complete, organized and accurate manner
- Actively promote the spa, treatments, services, sessions and retail as well as programs and promotions
- Handle guests questions and concerns professionally and courteously
- Provide courteous, accurate and prompt responses to guests’ requests to ensure guest satisfaction
- Regularly attend/participate in and support ongoing training to continue to be knowledgeable about current spa trends and new products
- Must have National Certification for fitness instruction/personal training and/or an Associate's Degree or higher in Exercise Physiology/Kinesiology or related field
- Must have previous experience teaching Yoga in a group or private setting
- Must have enthusiasm and possess excellent guest service skills
- Enjoy working with people and possess a friendly and outgoing personality
- Excellent communication and listening skills
- Ability to confidently utilize service recovery methods
- Proactive in anticipating guest needs
- Previous experience with ability to handle difficult/sensitive situations with minimal/no supervision
- You must be at least 18 years of age to be considered for this role
- Previous experience in a Spa or Hotel environment
- Knowledgeable about Resort and surrounding area
- Basic computer knowledge
- Full availability seven (7) days a week, including nights, weekends and holidays is preferred
- Previous experience in a hospitality or tourism related role on the Hawaiian Islands preferred
Additional Information:SCHEDULE AVAILABILTY:
Our Resort operates 24 hours a day, 365 days a year and some shifts may start as early as 5:00 AM and vary as needed. Part-time requires full availability for any shift a MINIMUM of THREE (3) days per week including nights, weekends, holidays and graveyard as needed.
Training requires 2-3 weeks of full availability (day AND evening) and will be required immediately following the start date to complete the training.
SUBMITTING YOUR APPLICATION:
After clicking “Apply for this job” below, the employment application will open in a new window. Please complete ALL pages of the application by clicking “Next” on each page, then “Submit” on the final page.
You may only apply once in a three (3) month period. If you have applied within the last three (3) months, please log in to your account to view your current application status.
Keyword: AULANI CASTING
©Disney is an equal opportunity employer. Drawing creativity from diversity.
About Aulani, A Disney Resort & Spa:
Combining the natural beauty and spirit of the Hawaiian islands with a touch of Disney magic, Aulani, a Disney Resort & Spa embraces and celebrates Hawaiian culture and storytelling. Situated on 21 acres of oceanfront property on the island of O‘ahu, the resort was uniquely designed for families to discover the culture, history and traditions of Hawai‘i against a backdrop of blue skies and beautiful views. Cast members are integral to bringing these stories of Hawai‘i to life, while upholding Disney’s renowned service and enchanting entertainment offerings.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Vacation Club Hawaii Management Company, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Aulani, A Disney Resort & Spa.
Disney Vacation Club Hawaii Management Company, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.