Already applied?View Dashboard
Food & Beverage Server Assistant, ‘AMA‘AMA (CASTING FOR DECEMBER 2019)Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 708413BR Location Kapolei, Hawaii, United States Business Aulani, A Disney Resort & Spa Date posted Oct. 29, 2019
As a Server Assistant at the ʿAMAʿAMA restaurant, Cast Members assist our guests in a modern interpretation of classic cuisine of the Hawaiian Islands, located beside the Waikolohe Valley pool area, just steps from the beach.
The restaurant is named after the ʿAMAʿAMA, a local mullet fish and is designed to resemble a beachside fishing house. Its spacious dining room features a thatched roof, mosaic designs, a fountain and a reflecting pool.
To learn more about this oceanfront dining experience and gain familiarity with sample menu's, click here.
- Exhibit a positive, friendly, and helpful attitude to guests to bring to life the story of ʿAMAʿAMA
- Anticipate guests needs and assists with directions, event schedules and maintain the show quality of the Disney experience
- Assist the server by retrieving and delivering food and beverage items from the kitchen
- Assemble guest orders, check receipts and anticipate guests needs to include allergy and dietary awareness
- Present dishes to guests – must know where each plate belongs upon serving guests
- Clear away glassware, silverware and china as the guest finishes to keep the table clean and organized – reset tables at the end of the dining experience
- Transport dishes and silverware to the dish room
- Refill beverages, restock condiments, fold/roll napkins and replenish side stations
- Responsible for area cleanliness and sanitation
- Will memorize a menu that rotates and is focused on sustainable seafood, fresh local ingredients and a modern interpretation of classic cuisine of the Hawaiian Islands
- Knowledgeable of the menu offerings we serve and be able to properly deliver and spiel components to the guests
- Possess good judgment of food quality and production, understand the impact of spoilage and waste
- Ensure that the food presentation is fresh and up to quality/show standards
- Must be at least 18 years of age to be considered for this role
- Excellent hospitality skills
- Ability to multi-task and work in a very fast-paced environment
- Excellent memorization skills
- Speed, accuracy and efficiency are required and ability to work well under pressure
- Demonstrated ability to own and resolve guest situations
- Self-directed (can complete tasks with minimal supervision)
- Willing to follow instructions & take direction
- Supportive of other cast working on your team
- Can complete repetitious tasks while maintaining quality
- Strong verbal communication skills
- An understanding of the pivot system - a seating and order-taking method
- Willing to work outdoors in all types of weather conditions and around nature
- Previous restaurant experience; understanding of full service environment
- Previous fine dining/table service experience preferred
- Familiarity with local ingredients and the classic cuisine of the Hawaiian Islands
- Knowledge of Hawaiian/Japanese language preferred
Additional Information:SCHEDULE AVAILABILTY
This role is Part-Time and requires full availability for any shift, a MINIMUM of THREE (3) days per week - Saturday AND Sunday required. For training purposes, extended availability for up to four (4) weeks may be required immediately following the start date.
SUBMITTING YOUR APPLICATION
After clicking “Apply for this job” below, the employment application will open in a new window. Please complete ALL pages of the application by clicking “Next” on each page, then “Submit” on the final page.
Keyword: Aulani Casting
About Aulani, A Disney Resort & Spa:
Combining the natural beauty and spirit of the Hawaiian islands with a touch of Disney magic, Aulani, a Disney Resort & Spa embraces and celebrates Hawaiian culture and storytelling. Situated on 21 acres of oceanfront property on the island of O‘ahu, the resort was uniquely designed for families to discover the culture, history and traditions of Hawai‘i against a backdrop of blue skies and beautiful views. Cast members are integral to bringing these stories of Hawai‘i to life, while upholding Disney’s renowned service and enchanting entertainment offerings.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Vacation Club Hawaii Management Company, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Aulani, A Disney Resort & Spa.
Disney Vacation Club Hawaii Management Company, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.