Food Retail Host/Hostess (Entry Level) - Full TimeApply NowApply Later Job ID 999770BR Location Kapolei, Hawaii, United States Business Aulani, A Disney Resort & Spa Date posted Jul. 27, 2022
Come and join the magic with Aulani, A Disney Resort and Spa! Perks and benefits may include:
- 100% full coverage of healthcare for you and your eligible dependents
- 100% paid tuition at network schools
- Free lunch
- Free parking
- Free theme park admission and much more!
We are looking for Food Retail Host/Hostess Cast Members who want to create magical experiences and ensure the highest standard of Guest Service in our Quick Service Restaurants. Quick Service Restaurant Cast Members work in a fast-paced environment at either indoor counter service or at outdoor vending location taking orders, cash handling, food preparation, stocking condiments, and keeping the work location clean.
- Responsible for welcoming and interacting with all Guests
- Responsible for greeting Guests and taking their order, entering into POS system and verifying order by repeating back to Guest
- Suggests additional items as appropriate
- Receives and processes payment
- Requires constant interaction with Guests including answering questions, providing directions, event information and other services to help create a magical experience
- May assemble orders and present to Guests according to recipe guidelines
- Knowledge and understanding of safety and sanitation guidelines including temperature requirements
- Has good judgment of food quality and production, understands the impact of spoilage
- Responsible for maintaining work area-restocking and cleaning
- Ensures that food presentation is fresh and up to quality standards
- Replenishes food and other serving items as necessary
- Portions back-up items
- May ensure freezers are maintained at the appropriate temperature
- May require equipment operation, including working near equipment that generates heat
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must be willing to work outdoors in all types of weather conditions and around nature
- Must meet state requirements to obtain Hawaii Liquor Commission card
- Able to effectively work independently or as part of a team
- Should have cash handling capabilities and be able to count back proper change
- Excellent Hospitality skills
- Ability to multi task and work in a very fast paced environment
- Speed, accuracy and efficiency are required and ability to work well under pressure
- Demonstrated ability to own and resolve Guest situations
- Receptive to special requests
- Enthusiastic about interacting and helping Guests
- Able to make independent decisions for our Guests
- Self-directed (can complete tasks with minimal supervision)
- Willing to follow instructions & take direction
- Supportive of other cast working on your team
- Can complete repetitious tasks while maintaining quality
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Willing to work outdoors even in inclement weather
- Must be flexible and able to work a variety of shifts, including days, nights, weekends, holidays and special events
- Perform all job related functions in a cordial friendly manner, committed to exceeding Guests’ expectations
- Previous restaurant experience; understanding of full service and quick service environment
- Previous outdoor work experience preferred
- Familiarity with local ingredients and the classic cuisine of the Hawaiian Islands
- Knowledge of Hawaiian/Japanese language preferred
Additional Information:SCHEDULE AVAILABILITY:
We are currently hiring for Full-Time positions.
Keyword: Aulani Casting, AULANICASTING
About Aulani, A Disney Resort & Spa:
Combining the natural beauty and spirit of the Hawaiian islands with a touch of Disney magic, Aulani, a Disney Resort & Spa embraces and celebrates Hawaiian culture and storytelling. Situated on 21 acres of oceanfront property on the island of O‘ahu, the resort was uniquely designed for families to discover the culture, history and traditions of Hawai‘i against a backdrop of blue skies and beautiful views. Cast members are integral to bringing these stories of Hawai‘i to life, while upholding Disney’s renowned service and enchanting entertainment offerings.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Vacation Club Hawaii Management Company, LLC, which is part of a business we call Aulani, A Disney Resort & Spa.
Disney Vacation Club Hawaii Management Company, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.