Guest Service Manager - Security OperationsApply NowApply Later Job ID 939935BR Location Kapolei, Hawaii, United States Business Aulani, A Disney Resort & Spa Date posted May 12, 2022
This individual serves as primary day-to-day leader for security and life safety operations for the Aulani Resort. This role provides strategic and tactical leadership as well as critical decision making related to the safety and protection of our Guests, Cast Members, assets and brand reputation. This individual will partner with all levels of Leadership to provide the highest level of Guest and cast satisfaction.
The Security Guest Service Manager is responsible for leading, supervising, teaching, and developing a diverse and high performing team consisting of 27 Security Hosts/Hostesses. This leader must be able to motivate the team into action in delivering the mission of protecting and securing our Guests, Cast, and assets through the development and execution of both strategic and tactical initiatives.
- Provide day-to-day strategic and tactical leadership in the areas of security and life safety operations
- Conduct investigations and submit reports on all injuries, crimes and safety and security related incidents involving Cast and Guests, as well as violations of company policy, to the appropriate Aulani leadership and when necessary to state and/or federal agencies; Assist with governmental investigations and inspections as required
- Promote and enforce company policies around safety regulations and operations, as well as, asset protection and loss-prevention
- Understand the business, its culture and challenges; identify opportunities to reduce risk and ensure efficient and effective safety measures are in place. Advise on-site leadership and Cast
- Directly engage with leaders and cast to provide the direction, expectations, information, staffing and resources needed to deliver on the mission to serve and protect while achieving the highest level of guest service.
- Maintain a positive, collaborative and productive workplace environment by quickly identifying, engaging in and resolving conflicts, fostering trust, and leading through cast relations decisions
- Maintain a strong connection to industry trends and best practices to advance and grow a world class operation.
- Make decisive, sound, high quality decisions on escalated security issues, accurately judging the urgency, response, and need for further escalation
- Lead in the development of a culture of safety
- Effectively communicate with the Safety and Security Manager and provide continuous updates on effectiveness of meeting objectives and commitments
- State of Hawaii, Security Guard License (must possess current license)
- 5+ years’ professional experience in security/life safety Management in the hospitality/resort industry or relevant related experience
- Track record as a tireless, diligent and dedicated leader, driven to deliver and demonstrating effective decision-making skills and judgment
- Exceptional people management/leadership skills and experience creating and sustaining a healthy, diverse and trusting work culture
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to maintain extreme confidentiality of sensitive information
- Knowledge of Hawaii State Statutes, Hospitality Law and experience interacting with law enforcement
- Proficiency with computers, particularly Microsoft Office, Outlook, Word and Excel
- Experience directing the operations, services and activities of a comprehensive security program and team
- Knowledge of and experience with leading edge integrated access control technologies and practices
- Knowledge of and experience with leading edge crisis management, emergency preparedness planning, response and business continuity
- Working knowledge of Investigative and Intelligence services, private, and government organizations and an active network of contacts and partnerships within those organizations
- High effective oral communicator with a positive leadership voice, ability to influence and readiness to communicate direction
- Demonstrated knowledge of Aulani Resort policies and procedures
- Demonstrated knowledge of Aulani Resort’s property and resources
- Demonstrated strong analytical skills and comfort with using metrics to manage the business
Required EducationHigh School degree or equivalent
Preferred EducationBachelor’s degree or equivalent
About Aulani, A Disney Resort & Spa:
Combining the natural beauty and spirit of the Hawaiian islands with a touch of Disney magic, Aulani, a Disney Resort & Spa embraces and celebrates Hawaiian culture and storytelling. Situated on 21 acres of oceanfront property on the island of O‘ahu, the resort was uniquely designed for families to discover the culture, history and traditions of Hawai‘i against a backdrop of blue skies and beautiful views. Cast members are integral to bringing these stories of Hawai‘i to life, while upholding Disney’s renowned service and enchanting entertainment offerings.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Vacation Club Hawaii Management Company, LLC, which is part of a business we call Aulani, A Disney Resort & Spa.
Disney Vacation Club Hawaii Management Company, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.