Hair Stylist - Part-Time- $1,500 Hiring BonusApply NowApply Later Job ID 996097BR Location Kapolei, Hawaii, United States Business Aulani, A Disney Resort & Spa Date posted Jun. 22, 2022
As a Hair Stylist at Painted Sky, you will be responsible for providing professional hair and makeup services for Guests 3-17 years of age while delivering exceptional Guest Service at Laniwai – A Disney Spa.
$1,500 Hiring Bonus (First payment after 90 days = $375 and Second payment after 150 days = $1,125)
To be eligible for the sign-on bonus, cast members must be in the position continuously for at least 90 days after hire and be employed by The Walt Disney Company at time of payment. A cast member is hired after the successful completion of Disney Traditions or one full day of employment. To be eligible for an incentive bonus after 150 days, cast members must remain employed in the position continuously for at least 150 days and be employed by The Walt Disney Company at the time of payment. Payments will be made approximately two weeks after the 90 and 150-day milestones, respectively. Bonus payments are subject to applicable taxes and other legal withholding. Disputes concerning eligibility to a bonus payment shall be resolved by Disneyland Recruitment in its sole and absolute discretion. The incentives offered herein are subject to change at any time, with or without notice. Cast Members hired after September 1, 2022 will not be eligible for an incentive award.
- Provide consistent professional hair and makeup services in accordance with spa protocols and accepted certification practices
- Must possess a technical understanding of product ingredients to avoid allergic reactions
- Properly care for equipment and use proper amounts of products to be cost effective
- Possess complete knowledge of all services for guests ages 3-17 and products while educating Guests
- Must have the ability to create an image for the guest's needs/social event using different makeup colors and application techniques
- Uphold the standards of sanitation and sterilization as directed by law and Laniwai Spa & Painted Sky policies and procedures
- Perform prep work and properly clean and restock room as required
- Actively promote spa, treatments, services, sessions and retail as well as programs and promotions
- Handle Guests questions and concerns professionally and courteously
- Provide accurate and immediate responses to all requests by Guests ensuring complete Guest satisfaction
- Attend mandatory training to maintain knowledge of current spa policies, procedures and trends
- Must be able to perform all hair/makeup services offered by Painted Sky
- Skills and Experience: Ability to handle difficult/sensitive situations independently, while confidently utilizing service recovery methods
- Job-Related Education, Licenses and Certifications (or equivalent experience) if any: Must currently hold and maintain state Hair Stylist license (with state of Hawaii); Entry level encouraged
- Disney Behaviors Excellent communication and listening skills; Enjoy working with people and possess a friendly and outgoing personality; Must have enthusiasm and possess excellent guest service skills; Flexible/adaptable (may work in a variety of areas, conditions and/or have changing shift start/end times); Maintains clean and polished appearance; Committed to safety
- Service Orientation Enjoys engaging with Guests and fellow Cast Members; Enthusiastic about interacting and helping Guests; Receptive to special requests and proactive in anticipating guests needs
- Team Behaviors Able to complete tasks independently; Willing to follow instruction and take direction; Committed/reliable (arrive and be on time for scheduled shifts); Supportive of other Cast Members working on your team
- Detail Orientation Must be detail oriented and have the ability to multi task; Strong listening and observation skills
- Communication Skills and Abilities Strong verbal communication skills (able to positively engage with Guests, Team Members, and Management); Spiel memorization and delivery
- Basic computer knowledge
- Knowledge of Hawaiian/Japanese language
- Knowledgeable about Resort and surrounding area
This role is Part-Time and requires full availability for any shift, a MINIMUM of THREE (3) days per week - Saturday or Sunday required. For training purposes, extended availability for up to two (2) weeks may be required immediately following the start date.
Our Theme Parks and Resort Hotels operate 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
SUBMITTING YOUR APPLICATION
After clicking “Apply for this job” below, the employment application will open in a new window. Please complete ALL pages of the application by clicking “Next” on each page, then “Submit” on the final page.
Keyword: AulaniCasting, Aulani Casting
About Aulani, A Disney Resort & Spa:
Combining the natural beauty and spirit of the Hawaiian islands with a touch of Disney magic, Aulani, a Disney Resort & Spa embraces and celebrates Hawaiian culture and storytelling. Situated on 21 acres of oceanfront property on the island of O‘ahu, the resort was uniquely designed for families to discover the culture, history and traditions of Hawai‘i against a backdrop of blue skies and beautiful views. Cast members are integral to bringing these stories of Hawai‘i to life, while upholding Disney’s renowned service and enchanting entertainment offerings.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Vacation Club Hawaii Management Company, LLC, which is part of a business we call Aulani, A Disney Resort & Spa.
Disney Vacation Club Hawaii Management Company, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.