Hawaiian Speaking Bartender - The ‘Ōlelo RoomApply NowApply Later Job ID 1073034BR Location Kapolei, Hawaii, United States Business Aulani, A Disney Resort & Spa Date posted Mar. 08, 2023
Responsible for greeting guests and creating an exceptional guest experience in Lounge areas. Perform various drink making techniques which include shaking, stirring, blending and layering. Converse with Guests and Cast in ‘Ōlelo Hawai‘i to demonstrate the Hawaiian language. Ability to hold extensive conversations with guests, providing exemplary service.
- Mixes and serves alcoholic and nonalcoholic drinks to patrons of bar following standard recipes
- Serve multiple guests at bar and cocktail servers at server stations which includes taking drink order, entering in POS system, delivering to guests and following up with guest service and needs until guest leaves
- Ability to work with bar/restaurant equipment including, but not limited to coffee brewers, soda guns, small dishwashers, and three compartment sink washer setup
- Converse with Guest & Cast Members in Hawaiian
- Engage with guests to teach them about our Hawaiian culture and language using the ‘Ōlelo Room shadow boxes as a leaping point
- Share our Aulani Hawaiian values with our guests through authentic interactions
- Must be comfortable working with bar supplies including small trays, carafes, coffee pots, and glassware
- Practices proper sanitation procedures and maintains cleanliness of the area
- Mixes ingredients such as liquor, soda, water, sugar and bitters to prepare cocktails and other drinks
- May set up tables within lounge/patio area with glassware, napkins, fruit and garnishes
- May slice and pit fruit for garnishing drinks
- Shares knowledge of wines, spirits to Guests
- Able to articulate menu options and ingredients to Guests
- Assists guests with directions, entertainment, show event schedules and other information
- May clear tables and perform pre-bussing duties
- Orders or requisitions liquor and supplies
- Some computer experience, working with POS systems; entering guest drink orders and maintaining a cash drawer to balance at end of shift
- Must meet state requirements to obtain Hawaii Liquor Commission card
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Strong knowledge of Hawaiian language – able to converse in Hawaiian (must meet with Cultural Advisor to demonstrate language skills)
- Strong knowledge of and the ability to articulate Hawaiian culture
- Demonstrated excellent Guest Service and service recovery abilities
- Strong communication skills
- Adept at troubleshooting and can calmly handle difficult situations
- Self directed, trusted and well respected by peers
- Knowledge of basic cocktail and mixology recipes
- Previous bartending experience in a fast paced high volume environment
- Ability to multi task and work in a very fast paced environment
- Speed, accuracy and efficiency are required and ability to work well under pressure
- Demonstrated ability to own and resolve guest situations
- Must be flexible and able to work a variety of shifts, including days, nights, weekends, holidays and special events
- Alcohol Awareness Training (i.e. RVP, TIPS or equivalent)
- Previous fine dining/table service experience
- Basic wine knowledge
- Some food serving knowledge/experience
- Knowledge of Japanese language preferred
- Full availability for any shift, seven (7) days per week, including nights, weekends, and holidays is preferred
Benefits include Tuition Assistance, Healthcare Coverage, Weekly Pay, Free Cast Meals, Free Parking and more!
Additional Information:SCHEDULE AVAILABILTY
Our Theme Parks and Resort Hotels operate 24 hours a day, 365 days a year and some shifts may start as early as 5:00am while some may end as late as 3:00am, 4:00am or 5:00am.
SUBMITTING YOUR APPLICATION
After clicking “Apply for this job” below, the employment application will open in a new window. Please complete ALL pages of the application by clicking “Next” on each page, then “Submit” on the final page.
You may only apply once in a three (3) month period. If you have applied within the last three (3) months, please log in to your account to view your current application status.
Keyword: AULANICASTING, Aulani casting
About Aulani, A Disney Resort & Spa:
Combining the natural beauty and spirit of the Hawaiian islands with a touch of Disney magic, Aulani, a Disney Resort & Spa embraces and celebrates Hawaiian culture and storytelling. Situated on 21 acres of oceanfront property on the island of O‘ahu, the resort was uniquely designed for families to discover the culture, history and traditions of Hawai‘i against a backdrop of blue skies and beautiful views. Cast members are integral to bringing these stories of Hawai‘i to life, while upholding Disney’s renowned service and enchanting entertainment offerings.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: Disney Entertainment, ESPN, Disney Parks, and Experiences and Products. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Vacation Club Hawaii Management Company, LLC, which is part of a business we call Aulani, A Disney Resort & Spa.
Disney Vacation Club Hawaii Management Company, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.