Already applied?View Dashboard
Hawaiian Speaking Food & Beverage Server, The ‘Ōlelo Room - Full TimeApply Now Apply Later Job ID 666030BR Location Kapolei, Hawaii, United States Business Aulani, A Disney Resort & Spa Date posted May. 03, 2019
Job Summary:Apply to this position to be considered for opportunities at The ‘Ōlelo Room, a lounge that celebrates the Hawaiian language. The décor features wooden carvings of common objects, with labels that convey their Hawaiian names. Our friendly Cast Members will happily help our Guests refine the pronunciation of Hawaiian words and hold extensive conversations all while providing exemplary service.
Soothing sounds of Hawaiian music is performed live each night on the patio. Our Cast Members at The ‘Ōlelo Room will deliver appetizers, hot plates and refreshing beverages to our Guest's tables or staging area in the dining room/lounge area.
To learn more about this upscale lounge and gain familiarity with sample menu's, click here.
Responsibilities:Server Host/Hostess: Responsible for greeting guests and creating an exceptional Aulani dining experience. Servers take/deliver orders and anticipate additional needs while bringing the story of Aulani to life in their interactions. Converse with Guests and Cast in Hawaiian to demonstrate `Olelo. May be involved with role playing or themed restaurants. High guest service expectations, initiative and ability to hold conversations with guests to assist with a storytelling experience while dining.
- Ability to serve multiple guests at bar or multiple table stations
- Responsible for greeting Guests, taking their order, entering into Point of Sale (POS) system and verifying order by repeating back to Guest
- Must be comfortable working with Food & Beverage supplies including small trays, carafes, coffee pots, and glassware
- Practices proper sanitation procedures and maintains cleanliness of on-stage and back stage working areas
- Delivers order using designated pivot points
- Serves food and beverage to Guests at proper temperature
- Ensures that food presentation is fresh and up to quality standards
- Shares knowledge of wines, spirits to Guests
- Replenishes food and other serving items as necessary; Portions back-up items
- Assists guests with directions, entertainment, show event schedules and other information
- May clear tables and perform pre-bussing duties
- Some computer experience, working with POS systems; entering guest orders
- May be responsible for maintaining a cash drawer to balance at end of shift
- Completing assigned side work duties at beginning and end of each shift
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- The ability to speak conversationally in Hawaiian is required
- Must meet state requirements to obtain Hawaii Liquor Commission card
- Previous experience in a table service restaurant
- Display good judgment of food quality and production, understand the impact of spoilage
- Demonstrate excellent Guest Service recovery abilities
- Able to anticipate Guests needs and act accordingly
- Possess strong communication; Able to articulate menu options and ingredients to Guests
- Adept at troubleshooting and calmly handling difficult Guest situations
- Previous experience multi-tasking in a fast-paced, high volume environment
- Speed, accuracy and efficiency are required, as well as the ability to work well under pressure
- Previous restaurant experience with an understanding of full service food & beverage environment
- Previous fine dining/table service experience preferred
- Basic wine knowledge
- Alcohol Awareness Training (i.e. RVP, TIPS or equivalent)
- Knowledge of Japanese language preferred
Additional Information:SCHEDULE AVAILABILTY
This role is Full-Time and requires full availability for any shift at any time - including early mornings, late nights, weekends and holidays.
SUBMITTING YOUR APPLICATION
After clicking “Apply for this job” below, the employment application will open in a new window. Please complete ALL pages of the application by clicking “Next” on each page, then “Submit” on the final page.
Keyword: AULANICASTING, Aulani Casting
About Aulani, A Disney Resort & Spa:
Combining the natural beauty and spirit of the Hawaiian islands with a touch of Disney magic, Aulani, a Disney Resort & Spa embraces and celebrates Hawaiian culture and storytelling. Situated on 21 acres of oceanfront property on the island of O‘ahu, the resort was uniquely designed for families to discover the culture, history and traditions of Hawai‘i against a backdrop of blue skies and beautiful views. Cast members are integral to bringing these stories of Hawai‘i to life, while upholding Disney’s renowned service and enchanting entertainment offerings.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Vacation Club Hawaii Management Company, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Aulani, A Disney Resort & Spa.
Disney Vacation Club Hawaii Management Company, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.