Hawaiian Speaking Server - Full Time- $1,500 Hiring BonusApply NowApply Later Job ID 996079BR Location Kapolei, Hawaii, United States Business Aulani, A Disney Resort & Spa Date posted Jun. 21, 2022
Responsible for greeting guests and creating an exceptional Aulani dining experience. Servers take/deliver orders and anticipate additional needs while bringing the story of Aulani to life in their interactions. Converse with Guests and Cast in ‘Ōlelo Hawai‘i to demonstrate the Hawaiian language and further activate the themed restaurant environments. High guest service expectations, initiative and ability to hold conversations with guests to assist with a storytelling experience while dining.
$1,500 Hiring Bonus (First payment after 90 days = $375 and Second payment after 150 days = $1,125)
To be eligible for the sign-on bonus, cast members must be in the position continuously for at least 90 days after hire and be employed by The Walt Disney Company at time of payment. A cast member is hired after the successful completion of Disney Traditions or one full day of employment. To be eligible for an incentive bonus after 150 days, cast members must remain employed in the position continuously for at least 150 days and be employed by The Walt Disney Company at the time of payment. Payments will be made approximately two weeks after the 90 and 150-day milestones, respectively. Bonus payments are subject to applicable taxes and other legal withholding. Disputes concerning eligibility to a bonus payment shall be resolved by Disneyland Recruitment in its sole and absolute discretion. The incentives offered herein are subject to change at any time, with or without notice. Cast Members hired after September 1, 2022 will not be eligible for an incentive award
- Ability to serve 4-6 table stations, depending on party size which includes taking food order, entering in POS system, delivering food to tables and following up with guest service and needs until meals are complete and guest leaves (all course meals, refills, pre-bussing tables etc.)
- Work with POS systems to enter guest food orders accurately and efficiently
- May set tables and/or seat guests
- Converse with Guest & Cast Members in Hawaiian
- Engage with guests to teach them about the Hawaiian culture and language using the ‘Ōlelo Room shadow boxes as a leaping point
- Share Aulani Hawaiian values with our guests
- Anticipate Guests needs and act accordingly
- Serves food and beverage to Guests at proper temperature
- Shares knowledge of wines and spirits to Guests
- Able to articulate menu options and ingredients to Guests
- Assists guests with directions, entertainment, show event schedules and other information
- Clears tables and perform pre-bussing duties
- Ability to work with kitchen/restaurant equipment including, but not limited to coffee brewers, juice and soda fountains and toasters
- Must be comfortable working with kitchen supplies including small/large trays, carafes, coffee pots, plates, silverware and glassware
- Practices proper sanitation procedures and maintains cleanliness of the side stations
- Completes assigned side work as necessary including but not limited to: polishing silverware, folding/rolling napkins, filling condiment caddies, cleaning beverage side station, slicing and pitting fruit for garnishing drinks
- May combine the serving of food with a small amount of the preparation of food
- May serve as a Cocktail server
- Enters guest order into system, delivers guest check, completes self-banking of guest checks
- Must meet state requirements to obtain Hawaii Liquor Commission card
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Knowledge of Hawaiian language – ability to speak to Guests in Hawaiian
- Strong knowledge of Hawaiian culture
- Must have previous serving experience
- Ability to multi task and work in a very fast paced environment
- Speed, accuracy and efficiency are required and ability to work well under pressure
- Demonstrated ability to own and resolve guest situations
- Demonstrated excellent Guest service and service recover skills
- Self directed, trusted and good team player
- Must be flexible and able to work a variety of shifts, including days, nights, weekends, holidays and special events
- Alcohol Awareness Training (i.e. RVP, TIPS or equivalent)
- Previous bartending experience in a fast paced high volume environment
- Some food serving knowledge/experience
- Knowledge of Japanese language preferred
Additional Information:SCHEDULE AVAILABILTY
This role is Full-Time and requires full availability for any shift at any time - including early mornings, late nights, weekends and holidays.
SUBMITTING YOUR APPLICATION
After clicking “Apply for this job” below, the employment application will open in a new window. Please complete ALL pages of the application by clicking “Next” on each page, then “Submit” on the final page.
Keyword: AULANICASTING, Aulani Casting
About Aulani, A Disney Resort & Spa:
Combining the natural beauty and spirit of the Hawaiian islands with a touch of Disney magic, Aulani, a Disney Resort & Spa embraces and celebrates Hawaiian culture and storytelling. Situated on 21 acres of oceanfront property on the island of O‘ahu, the resort was uniquely designed for families to discover the culture, history and traditions of Hawai‘i against a backdrop of blue skies and beautiful views. Cast members are integral to bringing these stories of Hawai‘i to life, while upholding Disney’s renowned service and enchanting entertainment offerings.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Vacation Club Hawaii Management Company, LLC, which is part of a business we call Aulani, A Disney Resort & Spa.
Disney Vacation Club Hawaii Management Company, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.