Housekeeping - Part-TimeApply Now Apply Later Job ID 712847BR Location Kapolei, Hawaii, United States Business Aulani, A Disney Resort & Spa Date posted Jan. 09, 2020
- Cleans up to 14 units per day, which includes: making beds, cleaning bathrooms and dusting furniture
- Change bedding (bed sacks, blankets, duvet covers and inserts where applicable on specified days)
- Vacuuming and edging carpets, including underneath all furniture, and removing carpet “spots”
- Clean and touch up windows, walls and baseboards
- Clean patios/balconies, walls, floors and furniture
- Fold towels (may require special touches such as folding towels a certain way and crimping toilet paper and tissues)
- Cleaning of entrance of room including front and back of entrance door, surrounding wall area.
- Replace amenities in guest rooms
- Change shower liners/shower curtains, bed pads, etc.
- Replace glasses, mugs and carafes when servicing rooms; Includes cleaning coffee filters
- Change iron board covers as needed
- Deep cleaning of entire room and bathrooms on specified days
- Perform nightly turndown duties for specified guests
- Assists Housekeeper.
- Transports dirty linens/towels, removes from Housekeeper’s cart, to the linen room and loading dock.
- Cleans corridors walls, base boards, vacuum carpets, clean windows
- Deliver items requested by guest
- Setup alert master units, issue machines, cribs and air mattresses as needed in Guest Rooms.
- Stock cart/baskets and take inventory of amenities/linen/terry needed to replenish rooms
- Restocking of linen rooms; sweeping and cleaning the linen floor and room daily
- Cleaning the vending, ice machine, trash and recycle rooms, laundry room floors, walls and baseboard
- Remove trash and recycle materials to appropriate areas throughout the day
- Flexible/Adaptable-may work in a variety of areas, various conditions and/or have changing start/end times
- Ability to clean effectively and efficiently under extreme pressure and tight deadlines
- Proactive-immediately communicates concerns and reacts to situations
- Positive, enthusiastic individual eager to help others
- Understands importance of Safety in all aspects of work performance and personal accountability for safe behaviors
- Must use Personal Protective Equipment (i.e., boots, gloves, goggles, etc.), hand tools (i.e., mops, brooms, etc.), power equipment/tools and disinfectants, degreasing chemicals and all cleaning products
- Some roles require additional specialized training in both procedure and ergonomic principles
- Willing to get dirty and clean up after others
- Self-directed and able to complete repetitious tasks while maintaining quality
- Comfortable working in fast paced, goal driven environment
- Typically works alone in guest rooms for most of the shift
- Work with approved chemicals and cleaning supplies
- You must be at least 18 years of age to be considered for this role
- Previous experience in a Hotel/Resort environment
- Previous experience in a cleaning environment (previous housekeeping, kitchen/restaurant or other busy cleaning environments)
- Previous experience in a self-directed role requiring little follow up/supervision
- Knowledgeable about Resort and surrounding area
- Basic computer knowledge
- Full availability seven (7) days a week, including nights, weekends, and holidays
- Previous experience in a hospitality or tourism related role on the Hawaiian Islands
Additional Information:SCHEDULE AVAILABILTY
Part-Time requires full availability for any shift at any time, a MINIMUM of TWO (2) days per week - Saturday and Sunday required. For training purposes, extended availability for up to four (4) weeks may be required immediately following the start date.
About Aulani, A Disney Resort & Spa:
Combining the natural beauty and spirit of the Hawaiian islands with a touch of Disney magic, Aulani, a Disney Resort & Spa embraces and celebrates Hawaiian culture and storytelling. Situated on 21 acres of oceanfront property on the island of O‘ahu, the resort was uniquely designed for families to discover the culture, history and traditions of Hawai‘i against a backdrop of blue skies and beautiful views. Cast members are integral to bringing these stories of Hawai‘i to life, while upholding Disney’s renowned service and enchanting entertainment offerings.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Vacation Club Hawaii Management Company, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Aulani, A Disney Resort & Spa.
Disney Vacation Club Hawaii Management Company, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.