Housekeeping Room Attendant - Full & Part Time- $1,500 Hiring BonusApply NowApply Later Job ID 1020365BR Location Kapolei, Hawaii, United States Business Aulani, A Disney Resort & Spa Date posted Aug. 15, 2022
- 100% full coverage of healthcare for you and your eligible dependents
- 100% paid tuition at network schools
- Free lunch
- Free parking
- Free theme park admission and much more!
$1,500 Hiring Bonus (First payment after 90 days = $375 and Second payment after 150 days = $1,125)
To be eligible for the sign-on bonus, cast members must be in the position continuously for at least 90 days after hire and be employed by The Walt Disney Company at time of payment. A cast member is hired after the successful completion of Disney Traditions or one full day of employment. To be eligible for an incentive bonus after 150 days, cast members must remain employed in the position continuously for at least 150 days and be employed by The Walt Disney Company at the time of payment. Payments will be made approximately two weeks after the 90 and 150-day milestones, respectively. Bonus payments are subject to applicable taxes and other legal withholding. Disputes concerning eligibility to a bonus payment shall be resolved by Disneyland Recruitment in its sole and absolute discretion. The incentives offered herein are subject to change at any time, with or without notice. Cast Members hired prior to May 23, 2022 or after December 31, 2022 will not be eligible for an incentive award.
Responsibilities:Housekeeper (AM/PM)- cleans approximately 14 units per day, which includes: making beds, cleaning bathrooms and dusting furniture
- Change bedding (bed sacks, blankets, duvet covers and inserts where applicable on specified days)
- Vacuuming and edging carpets, including underneath all furniture, and removing carpet “spots”
- Clean and touch up windows, walls and baseboards
- Clean patios/balconies, walls, floors and furniture
- Fold towels (may require special touches such as folding towels a certain way and crimping toilet paper and tissues)
- Cleaning of entrance of room including front and back of entrance door, surrounding wall area.
- Replace amenities in guest rooms
- Change shower liners/shower curtains, bed pads, etc.
- Replace glasses, mugs and carafes when servicing rooms; Includes cleaning coffee filters
- Change iron board covers as needed
- Stock cart/baskets and take inventory of amenities/linen/terry needed to replenish rooms
- Deep cleaning of entire room and bathrooms on specified days
- Perform nightly turndown duties for VIP level and specified guests
- Flexible/Adaptable-may work in a variety of areas, conditions and/or have changing start/end times
- Proactive-immediately communicates concerns and reacts to situations
- Must use Personal Protective Equipment (i.e., boots, gloves, goggles, etc.), hand tools (i.e., mops, brooms, etc.), power equipment/tools and disinfectants, degreasing chemicals and all cleaning products
- Some roles require additional specialized training in both procedure and ergonomic principles
- Willing to get dirty and clean up others’ messes
- Enthusiastic about interacting and helping guests
- Self directed and able to complete repetitious tasks while maintaining quality
- Comfortable working in fast paced, goal driven environment – (~14 rooms/day)
- Typically works alone in guest rooms for most of the shift
- Availability Requirements:
- Training Availability: 3 – 4 weeks of full availability (day AND evening) will be required immediately following the start date to complete the training
- Additional Planned time off (vacations or non-paid time off) may not be available until the New Year.
- Enjoys cleaning
- Previous experience in a cleaning environment (previous housekeeping, kitchen/restaurant or other busy cleaning environments)
- Previous experience in a self directed role requiring little follow up /supervision
- Knowledge of Hawaiian/Japanese language preferred
Additional Information!:SCHEDULE AVAILABILTY
Our Theme Parks and Resort Hotels operate 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
SUBMITTING YOUR APPLICATION
After clicking “Apply for this job” below, the employment application will open in a new window. Please complete ALL pages of the application by clicking “Next” on each page, then “Submit” on the final page.
Keyword: AulaniCasting, Aulani Casting, Housekeeping
About Aulani, A Disney Resort & Spa:
Combining the natural beauty and spirit of the Hawaiian islands with a touch of Disney magic, Aulani, a Disney Resort & Spa embraces and celebrates Hawaiian culture and storytelling. Situated on 21 acres of oceanfront property on the island of O‘ahu, the resort was uniquely designed for families to discover the culture, history and traditions of Hawai‘i against a backdrop of blue skies and beautiful views. Cast members are integral to bringing these stories of Hawai‘i to life, while upholding Disney’s renowned service and enchanting entertainment offerings.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Vacation Club Hawaii Management Company, LLC, which is part of a business we call Aulani, A Disney Resort & Spa.
Disney Vacation Club Hawaii Management Company, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.