Already applied?View Dashboard
Japanese Speaking Hotel Guest Operations - Full Time/Part TimeApply Now Apply Later Job ID 667568BR Location Kapolei, Hawaii, United States Business Aulani, A Disney Resort & Spa Date posted May. 13, 2019
Job Summary:Our Japanese speaking cast members have the ability to make our guest feel at home while experiencing the uniqueness of our resort. To accommodate our guests arriving every day from all over the world, Aulani, A Disney Resort & Spa offers a variety of services and activities across property to ensure a unique guest experience. These teams of Disney cast member’s take pride in bringing the magic to life for our guests. There are a variety of roles and opportunities for our cast members to turn our guests dream into reality.
Apply to this Japanese speaking posting to be considered for one of following positions:
- Bell Services
- Bell person, Valet & Dispatch
- Food & Beverage
- Bartender, Host/Hostess/Cashier, Server Assistant/Busser, & Server (Table or Poolside)
- Front Office
- Front Desk Agent & PBX Operator
- Spa Attendant & Spa Host/Hostess
- Entertainment Activities, Digital Photo Imaging, Youth Activities Counselor
- Recreation Host/Hostess
- Responsibilities include working in one or more of the following positions: Bell Person, Valet and Bell/Valet Dispatch. These front-line Cast Members greet our guests demonstrating Aulani spirit. Bell and Valet Cast Members will assist arriving and departing guests with transporting luggage to and from guest rooms and park/retrieve all types of guest vehicles, as needed. During 3rd shift, Cast Members may be required to perform job functions for both roles. They are also responsible for the storage and care of guest property.
- Responsible for greeting guests and creating an exceptional guest dining experience in the Restaurant, Lounge or Poolside areas, by welcoming and interacting with guests in a positive and friendly manner. Host/hostess/Cashiers responsible for greeting, seating, assigning and completing to-go orders for guests. May work in the quick service restaurant locations where they are responsible for taking orders, filling orders, restocking, cleaning, and cashiering. All F&B Cast Members in all areas must have the ability to handle multiple tasks while assisting guests with directions, entertainment and show event schedules and other information as needed to provide excellent guest and Cast service
- Responsible for greeting guests and checking in and out of hotel rooms and villas. The Front Desk Agent plays an important role in providing the first and lasting impression of Aulani’s guest services. This also includes positions as PBX Operator Operators are responsible for answering phones and assisting guests with pre-arrival needs. After their arrival, operators continue to provide great service as they assist our guests in-house, Cast Members and non-guests with questions.
- Maintains poolside and beachside areas for all guests while providing exemplary guest service at various pool and beach locations. Also staffs the Rainbow Reef and Beach Rentals.
- Responsible for engaging and interacting with guests of all ages. Cast Members will lead and support events, programs, and activities. This may include, but is not limited to the Pau Hana Room (Community Hall), Aunty's Beach House and the Resorts’ surrounding outdoors venues.
- Assists in the day-to-day operations of all Resort merchandise locations. Responsibilities include cash handling, stocking and providing grocery delivery. Greet guests and enhance their stay through strong product knowledge and proactive selling techniques.
- Responsible for orientating guests to the spa facilities. Includes the greeting of all guests as they enter and providing personal guest service. Responsible for keeping the lounge areas neat, clean and well stocked with all amenities.
- Spa Host/Hostess is responsible for the Front Desk operations- checking guest in and out for appointments, making reservations and managing the overall Front Desk operations of the Spa.
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- The ability to speak conversationally in Japanese is REQUIRED for these positions.
- Valet roles require a valid Drivers License and no moving violations in the past 12 months
- Previous experience in a Front Desk, Call Center or similar role for Front Office & PBX positions
- Recreation Host/Hostesses must be able to carry up to 15-20 lbs. and handle weight up to 50+ lbs
- Demonstrated excellent Guest Service and service recovery abilities
- Excellent communication and listening skills
- Ability to anticipate Guests needs and act accordingly
- Adept at troubleshooting and ability to own and calmly handle difficult situations
- Speed, accuracy and efficiency are required and ability to work well under pressure
- Must have enthusiasm and possess excellent guest service skills
- Enjoy working with people and possess a friendly and outgoing personality
- Previous experience in a fast paced high volume environment
- Must be detail oriented and able to multi task
- Previous Hotel Front Office experience with an understanding of Hotel Guest Service Operations roles
- Previous Food & Beverage experience
- Previous Bell Services/Valet experience in a hotel environment
- Previous experience in a Spa or similar environment
- Previous experience in a Merchandise location or similar environment
Additional Information:Full-Time requires full availability for any shift at any time - including early mornings, late nights, weekends and holidays.
Part-Time requires full availability for any shift, a minimum of three (3) days per week including early mornings, late nights, weekends and holidays. For training purposes, extended availability for up to four (4) weeks will be required immediately following the start date.
Our Theme Parks and Resort Hotels operate 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
About Aulani, A Disney Resort & Spa:
Combining the natural beauty and spirit of the Hawaiian islands with a touch of Disney magic, Aulani, a Disney Resort & Spa embraces and celebrates Hawaiian culture and storytelling. Situated on 21 acres of oceanfront property on the island of O‘ahu, the resort was uniquely designed for families to discover the culture, history and traditions of Hawai‘i against a backdrop of blue skies and beautiful views. Cast members are integral to bringing these stories of Hawai‘i to life, while upholding Disney’s renowned service and enchanting entertainment offerings.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Vacation Club Hawaii Management Company, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Aulani, A Disney Resort & Spa.
Disney Vacation Club Hawaii Management Company, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.