On-Location Family Photographer - Part Time- $1,500 Hiring BonusApply NowApply Later Job ID 996078BR Location Kapolei, Hawaii, United States Business Aulani, A Disney Resort & Spa Date posted Jun. 21, 2022
$1,500 Hiring Bonus (First payment after 90 days = $375 and Second payment after 150 days = $1,125)
To be eligible for the sign-on bonus, cast members must be in the position continuously for at least 90 days after hire and be employed by The Walt Disney Company at time of payment. A cast member is hired after the successful completion of Disney Traditions or one full day of employment. To be eligible for an incentive bonus after 150 days, cast members must remain employed in the position continuously for at least 150 days and be employed by The Walt Disney Company at the time of payment. Payments will be made approximately two weeks after the 90 and 150-day milestones, respectively. Bonus payments are subject to applicable taxes and other legal withholding. Disputes concerning eligibility to a bonus payment shall be resolved by Disneyland Recruitment in its sole and absolute discretion. The incentives offered herein are subject to change at any time, with or without notice. Cast Members hired after September 1, 2022 will not be eligible for an incentive award.
- Create an individualized magical experience for Guests while capturing their photos
- Personalize Guest images into cherished memories
- Ability to setup and shoot on location studio packages
- Ability to problem solve situational issues; location disruptions, background interferences, shadows, etc.
- Takes initiative on photography jobs to anticipate problems
- Proactively lead and shoot family portrait sessions
- Play an active role in helping the team achieve productivity goals
- When necessary, will support the overall guest experience by performing the responsibilities of a Digital Photographer.
Basic Qualifications:Technical Requirements:
- Strong understanding of proper exposure in dark locations and direct sunlight
- Strong understanding and working knowledge of ISO, F-Stop and Shutter Speed
- Strong understanding of depth of field and how to achieve in a variety of situations
Ability to white balance on location in a variety of lighting situations
- An understanding of the correct gear to take on an assignment
- Strong technical proficiency of studio flash units and multiple pocket wizards
- Ability to determine when and how to use a second light unit as a fill flash or key light
- Understanding of three-point lighting
- Ability to set up multiple strobes for a large area to eliminate dark areas of the image
- Ability to determine appropriate photo locations
- Familiar with multiple posing techniques; formal standing poses, group posing, basic studio poses, etc.
- Ability to shoot large group photos (10 – 300 people)
- Previous experience as a professional photographer for family portraits, weddings, receptions, awards presentations, event documentation, etc.
- Knowledge of Japanese language preferred
- Working knowledge of photo retouching and image editing applications (Photoshop, Lightroom, Aperture, etc.)
- Ability to setup and assist with “print on site” packages
Benefits include Tuition Assistance, Healthcare Coverage, Weekly Pay, Free Cast Meals, Free Parking and more!
Required EducationHigh school diploma or equivalent
This role is Part-Time and requires full availability for any shift, a MINIMUM of THREE (3) days per week - Saturday or Sunday required. For training purposes, extended availability for up to four (4) weeks may be required immediately following the start date.
SUBMITTING YOUR APPLICATION
After clicking “Apply for this job” below, the employment application will open in a new window. Please complete ALL pages of the application by clicking “Next” on each page, then “Submit” on the final page.
Keyword: AULANI CASTING
About Aulani, A Disney Resort & Spa:
Combining the natural beauty and spirit of the Hawaiian islands with a touch of Disney magic, Aulani, a Disney Resort & Spa embraces and celebrates Hawaiian culture and storytelling. Situated on 21 acres of oceanfront property on the island of O‘ahu, the resort was uniquely designed for families to discover the culture, history and traditions of Hawai‘i against a backdrop of blue skies and beautiful views. Cast members are integral to bringing these stories of Hawai‘i to life, while upholding Disney’s renowned service and enchanting entertainment offerings.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Vacation Club Hawaii Management Company, LLC, which is part of a business we call Aulani, A Disney Resort & Spa.
Disney Vacation Club Hawaii Management Company, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.