Pastry Chef - Full Time, $84,500 - $113,300; $2000 New Hire BonusApply Now Apply Later Job ID 10071385 Location Kapolei, Hawaii, United States Business Aulani, A Disney Resort & Spa Date posted Jan. 19, 2024
Aulani, A Disney Resort & Spa, is more than an enchanting, family-friendly destination. We’ve combined the spirit of O`ahu with the magic of Disney to create a place where guests and cast members alike can feel the magic, can feel the spirit of the island and can truly feel welcome. Here, you’ll bring the spirit of the islands to life in every part of your role. Are you ready to join this team and make an impact?
The role as the Pastry Chef is responsible for the day-to-day leadership within the Pastry Line of Business. In this role, you will oversee a team to create pastries, desserts and other food offerings that provide our Guest with a variety of selections in multiple outlets and in a fast-paced environment. You will also ensure safe and efficient operations, lead through key business drivers and deliver a high level of immersion and Cast engagement.
This Full-time position reports to the Executive Chef and will be working onsite at our breathtaking Aulani resort on the island of Oahu, Hawaii.
What You Will Do
- Create and develop unique food offerings that provide our Guest with a variety of selections
- Create pastry and bakery items from scratch
- Plan seasonal menus that exceed our Guests expectations while meeting our business objectives
- Host Disney Vacation Club Cooking Classes
- Participate in community outreach programs
- Plan, create and host Pop-up Cookie Carts for special holidays
- Design and display Amenity VIP Show pieces
- Present products to clients; describe and sell pastry items and menus
- Provide leadership, development, support and motivation to the team
- Build a positive environment that encourages ownership and accountability
- Prepare Cost of Sales, Banquet Event Orders, Inventory Controls, and Labor Budgets
- Meets or exceeds business results
Here’s what you’ll need to be successful in this role:
- Minimum 5 years Pastry/Bakery Leadership experience
- Proven fundamentals of pastry and bakery skills
- Demonstrate creativity and innovation skills
- Demonstrate clear decision making by communicating in a professional manner
- Validated digital literacy with programs such as Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel, Word.
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work flexible schedule with variable shifts and days off in a constantly evolving environment
- Ability to work well under pressure while multi-tasking
- Able to verbally communicate clearly with a diverse Cast base
- Provide professional written communication through emails as well as presentations to all levels of management
- Ability to work closely with and support the Sales and Marketing teams in achieving overall Company business objectives by providing excellent service to clients
It would be a plus if you also have these skills:
- Validated Food Safety Certification
- Knowledge of industry trends and practical business application
Education is important to us, here is what we’re looking for:
- Required: High School degree or equivalent
- Preferred: Associate's degree in Pastry Arts or equivalent
Benefits & Perks:
Disney offers a rewards package to help you live your best life. This includes health and savings benefits, educational opportunities and special extras that only Disney can provide. Learn more about our benefits and perks at
The hiring range for this position in Hawaii is $84,500.00 to $113,300.00 per year. The base pay actually offered will take into account internal equity and also may vary depending on the candidate’s geographic region, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience among other factors. A bonus and/or long-term incentive units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to the full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the level and position offered. LIMITED TIME $2000 NEW HIRE BONUS ONLY AVAILABILE UNTIL February 20, 2024 $2000 New Hire Bonus (First payment after 90 days = $500 and 2nd payment after 150 days = $1,500) To be eligible for the sign-on bonus, new hires must be in the position continuously for at least 90 days after hire and be employed by The Walt Disney Company at time of payment. A cast member is hired after the successful completion of Disney Traditions or one full day of employment. To be eligible for an incentive bonus after 150 days, cast member must remain employed in the position continuously for at least 150 days and be employed by The Walt Disney Company at the time of payment. Payments will be made approximately two weeks after the 90-day and 150-day milestones, respectively. Bonus payment is subject to applicable taxes and other legal withholding. Disputes concerning eligibility to a bonus payment shall be resolved by Walt Disney World Recruitment in its sole and absolute discretion. The incentive offered herein are subject to change at any time, with or without notice. Cast Members hired prior to November 10, 2023 or after February 20, 2024 will not be eligible for an incentive award. If a Cast Member who was not eligible for an incentive award due to hire date, classification or work status terminates and rehires within 45 days into an incentive eligible role during the incentive period will not be eligible for an award.
About Aulani, A Disney Resort & Spa:
Combining the natural beauty and spirit of the Hawaiian islands with a touch of Disney magic, Aulani, a Disney Resort & Spa embraces and celebrates Hawaiian culture and storytelling. Situated on 21 acres of oceanfront property on the island of O‘ahu, the resort was uniquely designed for families to discover the culture, history and traditions of Hawai‘i against a backdrop of blue skies and beautiful views. Cast members are integral to bringing these stories of Hawai‘i to life, while upholding Disney’s renowned service and enchanting entertainment offerings.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: Disney Entertainment, ESPN, Disney Parks, and Experiences and Products. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with DVC Hawaii Management Company, LLC, which is part of a business we call Aulani, A Disney Resort & Spa.
DVC Hawaii Management Company, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.