Already applied?View Dashboard
Pastry Cook 3 – Experienced Cake DecoratorApply Now Apply Later Job ID 651997BR Location Kapolei, Hawaii, United States Business Aulani, A Disney Resort & Spa Date posted May. 02, 2019
Cast members working in the bakeshop are responsible for execution of all bakery menu items including timing, quality, temperature, portion, and presentation. A Pastry Cook 3 will be assisting with all overall culinary production, which includes preparing menu items from recipes for consumption in banquets and all hotel restaurants throughout the resort.
- Will partner with front of house to ensure cast training/knowledge of product ensuring a smooth operation and delivery of exceptional bakery items
- Knowledge of most pastry techniques which include, scaling, mixing, proofing, baking, decorating, finishing
- Prepare, decorate, finish and plate all bakery items to Resort standards
- Prepare products according to recipes guidelines
- Display understanding of how to interpret banquet event, private dining and restaurant orders
- Replicate a recipe with little or no guidance
- With assistance and guidance, able to create and decorate cakes, wedding cakes, and custom amenities
- Responsible for checking and maintaining proper temperatures throughout all bakeshop food prep areas
- Exercise good judgment of food quality and production and understands the impact of spoilage
- Assist guests in preparing items for special dietary needs
- Portions and arranges food on serving dishes and is responsible for portion control and plate presentation
- Will be responsible for baking, building, stacking and finishing all varieties of cakes
- Must be able to replicate a design accurately from a photo provided by a client
- Will follow detailed instructions pertaining to cake orders
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Minimum 2 years of experience in culinary field/high volume bakery or culinary degree
- Must pass a 2-day practical examination to be able to become a cake decorator
- Knowledge and thorough understanding of food safety and sanitation guidelines including the company HACCP
- Must know all the techniques of cake baking and cake designing
- Must be creative and able to design theme driven cakes
- Must have excellent time management skills
- Possess strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Adept at troubleshooting and can calmly handle difficult situations
- Accredited food safety certification or equivalent
- Enrolled in or graduated from a culinary education program or equivalent
- Recommendation from school
- Food Safety Certification or equivalent
Preferred EducationCulinary education degree, certification or equivalent
Full-Time requires full availability for any shift at any time - including early mornings, late nights, weekends and holidays.
Our Theme Parks and Resort Hotels operate 24 hours a days, 365 days a year.
Keyword: AULANI CASTING, AULANICASTING
About Aulani, A Disney Resort & Spa:
Combining the natural beauty and spirit of the Hawaiian islands with a touch of Disney magic, Aulani, a Disney Resort & Spa embraces and celebrates Hawaiian culture and storytelling. Situated on 21 acres of oceanfront property on the island of O‘ahu, the resort was uniquely designed for families to discover the culture, history and traditions of Hawai‘i against a backdrop of blue skies and beautiful views. Cast members are integral to bringing these stories of Hawai‘i to life, while upholding Disney’s renowned service and enchanting entertainment offerings.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.