Pastry Cook 4- Full TimeApply NowApply Later Job ID 1035517BR Location Kapolei, Hawaii, United States Business Aulani, A Disney Resort & Spa Date posted Sep. 21, 2022
As a Pastry Cook 4, at Aulani, A Disney Resort & Spa, you will be responsible for the execution of specific recipe menu items as well as partner with Front of House ensuring product knowledge to provide a smooth operation and delivery of exceptional bakery items for all restaurants and special event functions.
- Perform various pastry techniques which include, scaling, mixing, proofing, baking, decorating, and finishing
- Prepare, decorate, finish and platter all bakery items to Resort and restaurant standards
- Prepare products according to recipe guidelines
- Able to understand and interpret BEO’s, Private dining and restaurant orders
- Utilize proper food safety, sanitation and HACCP guidelines
- Check and maintain proper temperatures throughout all bakeshop food preparation
- Produce quality food products and understand the impact of spoilage
- Assist with preparation of items for Guests with special dietary needs
- Portion and arrange food on serving dishes using proper portion control and plate presentation
- Minimum 1 year experience in culinary field/high volume bakery or Culinary Degree; Must understand the principles of proper sanitation
- Accredited Food safety certification or equivalent
- Must have enthusiasm; Be flexible/adaptable (may work in a variety of areas, conditions and/or have changing shift start/end times); Maintain a clean and polished appearance; Committed to safety
- Enthusiastic about interacting with Cast Members and Guests
- Willing to follow instruction and take direction; Committed/reliable (arrive and be on time for scheduled shifts); Willing to work and be supportive of other Cast Members working on your team
- Must be detail oriented and have the ability to multi task in a fast-paced, changing, team environment and can complete repetitious tasks while maintaining quality
- Strong verbal communication skills (able to positively engage with Team Members, and Management); Self-directed (can complete tasks with minimal follow up/supervision)
- Enrolled in—or graduated from—a culinary education program or equivalent; Recommendation from school; Food Safety Certification or equivalent
Benefits include Tuition Assistance, Healthcare Coverage, Weekly Pay, Free Cast Meals, Free Parking and more!
Full-Time requires full availability for any shift at any time - including early mornings, late nights, weekends and holidays.
Our Theme Parks and Resort Hotels operate 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
Keyword: AULANI CASTING, AULANICASTING
About Aulani, A Disney Resort & Spa:
Combining the natural beauty and spirit of the Hawaiian islands with a touch of Disney magic, Aulani, a Disney Resort & Spa embraces and celebrates Hawaiian culture and storytelling. Situated on 21 acres of oceanfront property on the island of O‘ahu, the resort was uniquely designed for families to discover the culture, history and traditions of Hawai‘i against a backdrop of blue skies and beautiful views. Cast members are integral to bringing these stories of Hawai‘i to life, while upholding Disney’s renowned service and enchanting entertainment offerings.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Vacation Club Hawaii Management Company, LLC, which is part of a business we call Aulani, A Disney Resort & Spa.
Disney Vacation Club Hawaii Management Company, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.