PM Houseperson / Runner - Full TimeApply NowApply Later Job ID 996106BR Location Kapolei, Hawaii, United States Business Aulani, A Disney Resort & Spa Date posted Jul. 06, 2022
Come and join the magic with Aulani, A Disney Resort and Spa! Perks and benefits may include:
- 100% full coverage of healthcare for you and your eligible dependents
- 100% paid tuition at network schools
- Free lunch
- Free parking
- Free theme park admission and much more!
As a Houseperson, at Aulani, A Disney Resort & Spa you are responsible for supporting the Housekeeper with maintaining the cleanliness of all hotel property Guest rooms, assisting with delivery of Guest items and requests.
- Assists Housekeeper
- Transports dirty linens/towels, removes from corridor floors, to the linen room and loading dock
- Cleans/dusts corridors walls, base boards, vacuum carpets, clean windows, sanitize high touch areas and elevators
- Deliver items requested by guest
- Deliver machines, cribs and air mattresses as needed to Guest Rooms
- Restock linen rooms; sweep and clean linen room/floor daily
- Clean vending and ice machines, DVC Trash and Recycle Rooms, Laundry Room floors, walls and baseboards
- Remove trash and recycle materials to appropriate areas throughout the day
- Utilize specialized housekeeping equipment (floor machines, extractors, etc.) to deep clean guest room balconies and bathrooms
- Must use Personal Protective Equipment (boots, gloves, goggles), hand tools (mops, brooms), power equipment/tools
- Positive (able to remain positive regardless of current task)
- Proactive (immediately communicates concerns and reacts to situations)
- Understands importance of Safety in all aspects of work performance and personal accountability for safe behaviors
- Receptive to special requests
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Enthusiastic about interacting and helping Guests and Cast
- Ability to drive small powered equipment (golf cart type vehicles, ride-on sweeper, etc.)
- Willing to consistently be a role model while delivering The Five Keys and Aulani Core Values
- Some roles require additional specialized training in both procedure and ergonomic principles
- Able to read, write and speak the English language
- Proficient in the use of mobile devices (iPhone, iPad, etc.)
- Knowledgeable about Resort and surrounding area
- Previous experience cleaning - office buildings, hospitals, restaurants, etc.
- Knowledgeable about Resort and surrounding area
- Basic computer knowledge
- Full availability seven (7) days a week, including nights, weekends and holidays is preferred
- Previous experience in a hospitality or tourism related role on the Hawaiian Islands preferred
Additional Information:SCHEDULE AVAILABILTY
This role is Full-Time and requires full availability for any shift.
Out Theme Parks and Resort Hotels operate 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
SUBMITTING YOUR APPLICATION
After clicking “Apply for this job” below, the employment application will open in a new window. Please complete ALL pages of the application by clicking “Next” on each page, then “Submit” on the final page.
Keyword: AulaniCasting, Aulani Casting, Housekeeping
About Aulani, A Disney Resort & Spa:
Combining the natural beauty and spirit of the Hawaiian islands with a touch of Disney magic, Aulani, a Disney Resort & Spa embraces and celebrates Hawaiian culture and storytelling. Situated on 21 acres of oceanfront property on the island of O‘ahu, the resort was uniquely designed for families to discover the culture, history and traditions of Hawai‘i against a backdrop of blue skies and beautiful views. Cast members are integral to bringing these stories of Hawai‘i to life, while upholding Disney’s renowned service and enchanting entertainment offerings.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Vacation Club Hawaii Management Company, LLC, which is part of a business we call Aulani, A Disney Resort & Spa.
Disney Vacation Club Hawaii Management Company, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.