Already applied?View Dashboard
Assistant Chief EngineerApply Now Apply Later Job ID 493462BR Location Kapolei, Hawaii, United States Business Disney Parks & Resorts Brand Aulani, A Disney Resort & Spa Date posted Oct. 03, 2017
Job Summary:The Disney culture is enchanting and unique, and we have found a kindred spirit in the living heritage and graceful rhythm of O`ahu. Built upon 21 acres of oceanfront, Aulani, a Disney Resort and Spa, welcomes Guests in true local fashion, calling on your natural passion and Aloha spirit to help us cultivate an experience that is upbeat, colorful and rooted in tradition. Here, you will form close connections with Cast Members and watch neighbors become friends. While our Guests take home happiness, the legends of O`ahu will become as much a part of them as they are of you.
Responsibilities:Provide primary technical oversight and direction for the troubleshooting, repair, refurbishment, and show quality of Aulani, A Disney Resort and Spa facilities assets. Provide leadership to approximately 30+ maintenance engineering staff performing daily preventative and corrective maintenance. Develop a high level of teamwork and cooperation while managing safety, regulatory compliance and productivity.
- Minimum of 5 years management experience in a maintenance environment.
- Minimum of 3 years of leadership experience within a resort/hotel maintenance environment.
- This candidate will supervise engineering employees and will interview, schedule, train, develop, coach and counsel. This candidate will also conduct performance reviews, resolve issues and recommend disciplinary action as appropriate.
- This candidate will implement and schedule all property and equipment Preventative Maintenance (PM) programs in compliance with Disney standards and local, state, and national codes and regulations to ensure safety, Guest and Cast Member satisfaction, to protect the assets and to maintain the resort in first class condition.
- Experience in financial management.
- The successful candidate must be willing to work evenings, holidays, weekends, and various shifts, as needed.
- Knowledge of Maximo CMMS system or equivalent software.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of electrical and mechanical systems.
- Demonstrated strong partnering, coaching and mentoring skills.
- Proven decision-maker with the ability to handle multiple tasks while under time constraints.
- Strong customer satisfaction focus/perspective.
- Experience in project process, development, and implementation.
- Assist in creation and adhere to annual budget for department.
Required EducationAssociates Degree (AS) or equivalent experience in Facilities, Mechanical, or Electrical Engineering.
About Aulani, A Disney Resort & Spa:
Combining the natural beauty and spirit of the Hawaiian islands with a touch of Disney magic, Aulani, a Disney Resort & Spa embraces and celebrates Hawaiian culture and storytelling. Situated on 21 acres of oceanfront property on the island of O‘ahu, the resort was uniquely designed for families to discover the culture, history and traditions of Hawai‘i against a backdrop of blue skies and beautiful views. Cast members are integral to bringing these stories of Hawai‘i to life, while upholding Disney’s renowned service and enchanting entertainment offerings.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Vacation Club Hawaii Management Company, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Aulani, A Disney Resort & Spa.
Disney Vacation Club Hawaii Management Company, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.