Security Host/Hostess - Full-TimeApply NowApply Later Job ID 1071037BR Location Kapolei, Hawaii, United States Business Aulani, A Disney Resort & Spa Date posted Mar. 19, 2023
- 100% full coverage of healthcare for you and your eligible dependents
- 100% paid tuition at network schools
- Free lunch
- Free parking
- Free theme park admission and much more!
- The Security Host/Hostess performs protective and enforcement functions in a courteous and professional manner while dealing with emergencies, undesired conduct, disturbances, threats to life and property
- As a first responder, will be trained on Infant, Child and Adult Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR), Automated External Defribrillator (AED), Stop The Bleed Training and fire extinguisher procedures to respond to emergencies as needed
- Conduct interior and exterior Resort foot patrol to identify undesirable conditions
- Evaluate a situation and quickly make logical decisions on how to proceed while maintaining a calm demeanor
- Investigations, including evaluation of the scene, interviewing complainants and witnesses, involve correct personnel to assist with the investigation
- Documentation and report writing
- Maintain order in the Resort while attending to the needs of our guests, cast members and vendors
- Coordinate expedient response to emergency conditions such as fire, alarms, safety hazards and threats to life and/or property in a calm, rational, persuasive manner
- Handle violations of Resort policy, civil laws and undesired conduct
- Work with state of the art technology to detect and respond to safety systems
- Provide cash escorts for cashiers to/from cash room to their work station
- Respond to security and emergency calls and prioritize the work in a timely manner
- Use of complex consoles to receive calls from guests, cast members and vendors requiring assistance and dispatches to resolve situations – will maintain logs of all requests
- Provide key assist
- Issue contractor and visitor badges
- Monitor Closed Circuit Television (CCTV) system for any unusual activity and dispatch via two-way radio
- Provide accurate information to guests, cast members and vendors seeking directions and hours of operation
- Receive, record and secure found property – will also research and respond to guests inquiries for lost property
- Escort guests and cast members as required to parking lots
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Valid State of Hawaii Guard Card
- Excellent communication skills
- A successful candidate will have experience as a first responder – related experience that best aligns with the day to day operation may include:
- Hotel/Resort Security Guard/Officer experience
- Successfully completed basic training in the Military
- Loss Prevention and/or Plain Clothes Operatives experience
- High pressure situational experience such as Emergency Medical Technician, Firefighter, Flight Attendant
- Strong verbal, written and technology skills required
- Keyboarding skills 25 WPM
- Investigation skills
- Perform general clerical duties using Microsoft Office and other site specific programs
- A good sense of direction as will learn and memorize Resort layout to include the locations of fire pull stations, fire extinguisher, AED, standpipes and more
- Self-directed (can complete tasks with minimal follow up/supervision)
- Maintain strong observation skills with high level of detail and scrutiny for entire shift
- Associates Degree or higher in Criminal Justice, Private Investigations, Homeland Security, Emergency Management and/or Emergency Medical Services
- Strong understanding of Hawaii Revised Statues; particularly those that apply to Hotel/Resort destinations (such as trespassing, etc.)
- Knowledge of Hawaiian/ Japanese language
- High school diploma or equivalent
Additional Information:SCHEDULE AVAILABILTY
Full-Time requires full availability (schedule may change).
Our Theme Parks and Resort Hotels operate 24 hours a days, 365 days a year.
Keyword: AULANI CASTING, AULANICASTING
About Aulani, A Disney Resort & Spa:
Combining the natural beauty and spirit of the Hawaiian islands with a touch of Disney magic, Aulani, a Disney Resort & Spa embraces and celebrates Hawaiian culture and storytelling. Situated on 21 acres of oceanfront property on the island of O‘ahu, the resort was uniquely designed for families to discover the culture, history and traditions of Hawai‘i against a backdrop of blue skies and beautiful views. Cast members are integral to bringing these stories of Hawai‘i to life, while upholding Disney’s renowned service and enchanting entertainment offerings.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: Disney Entertainment, ESPN, Disney Parks, and Experiences and Products. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Vacation Club Hawaii Management Company, LLC, which is part of a business we call Aulani, A Disney Resort & Spa.
Disney Vacation Club Hawaii Management Company, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.