Senior Safety ManagerApply NowApply Later Job ID 871741BR Location Kapolei, Hawaii, United States Business Aulani, A Disney Resort & Spa Date posted Oct. 08, 2021
The Disney culture is enchanting and unique, and we have found a kindred spirit in the living heritage and graceful rhythm of O`ahu. Built upon 21 acres of oceanfront, Aulani, a Disney Resort & Spa, welcomes Guests in true local fashion, calling on your natural passion and Aloha spirit to help us cultivate an experience that is upbeat, colorful and rooted in tradition. Here, you will form close connections with Cast Members and watch neighbors become friends. While our Guests take home happiness, the legends of O`ahu will become as much a part of them as they are of you.
Sr. Safety Professional positions serve as a key technical resource and are responsible for development, implementation and sustainment of key safety programs that support operational functions. Exceptional candidates will have a proven track record of independently driving above average incident reduction results achieved through the development and implementation of targeted safety strategies and tactics.
This role is required to use sound technical judgment to assess, analyze, identify and solve a broad spectrum of safety issues at Aulani, a Disney Resort & Spa in Ko Olina, Hawaii. Operations supported will include, but not be limited to, lodging, merchandise, custodial, food and beverage, maintenance, entertainment. The role will be required to drive results by guiding implementation of safety programs, performing job hazard analysis, analyzing injury and illness trend data, evaluating safety performance, and identifying opportunities to continuously improve safety performance. The role captains technical guidance to management and leaders on all organization, local, state and federal regulatory safety and health guidelines. Must be knowledgeable and stay up-to-date of applicable safety standards and when necessary, be able to resolve complex issues outside of established regulations. Required to develop strong relationships and work as part of a team within a fast paced, matrix-style environment with all levels of leadership and employees.
- 5 + years of work experience in a safety related role
- Knowledge of relevant regulatory, industry standards and best practices
- Demonstrated ability to use analytics and identify trends
- Proven project management experience
- Self-driven and resourceful professional with the ability to solve problems outside area of expertise
- Must be capable of building strong relationships with partners throughout the Disney organization and also with external partners
- Demonstrated flexibility and ability to operate within an ambiguous and changing environment
- Proven strong planning, organization and prioritization skills
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills
- Ability to resolve conflicts and diffuse difficult situations
- Demonstrated strong consultative and influencing skills
- Proven experience in training delivery
- Basic ergonomic, industrial hygiene or food safety experience
- Certified Safety Professional (CSP)
- Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH)
- Certified Professional Ergonomist (CPE)
- 4-year degree in Occupational Safety, Safety Engineering or related field
- Advanced degree in Occupational Safety or Safety Engineering
About Aulani, A Disney Resort & Spa:
Combining the natural beauty and spirit of the Hawaiian islands with a touch of Disney magic, Aulani, a Disney Resort & Spa embraces and celebrates Hawaiian culture and storytelling. Situated on 21 acres of oceanfront property on the island of O‘ahu, the resort was uniquely designed for families to discover the culture, history and traditions of Hawai‘i against a backdrop of blue skies and beautiful views. Cast members are integral to bringing these stories of Hawai‘i to life, while upholding Disney’s renowned service and enchanting entertainment offerings.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Vacation Club Hawaii Management Company, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Aulani, A Disney Resort & Spa.
Disney Vacation Club Hawaii Management Company, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.