Sous Chef - $2000 Hiring BonusApply NowApply Later Job ID 10054509 Location Kapolei, Hawaii, United States Business Aulani, A Disney Resort & Spa Date posted Nov. 10, 2023
Aulani, A Disney Resort & Spa, is more than an enchanting, family-friendly destination. We’ve combined the spirit of O`ahu with the magic of Disney to create a place where guests and cast members alike can feel the magic, can feel the spirit of the island and can truly feel welcome. Here, you’ll bring the spirit of the islands to life in every part of your role.
Do you possess a refined palate and passion for the culinary arts? Do people describe you as a foodie enthusiast and a confident finesser of any ingredient you touch? Have you worked in a variety of different kitchens and are a leader, not a manager, and naturally gain the respect of those who report to you by supporting, listening, motivating, and delivering results? Are you ready to join this team and make an impact? This role reports to the Chef de Cuisine and is Full-Time working onsite at our breathtaking Aulani resort on the island of Oahu, Hawaii.
LIMITED TIME $2000 HIRING BONUS ONLY AVAILABILE UNTIL February 20, 2024
$2000 Hiring Bonus (First payment after 90 days = $500 and 2nd payment after 150 days = $1,500)
To be eligible for the sign-on bonus, cast members must be in the position continuously for at least 90 days after hire and be employed by The Walt Disney Company at time of payment. A cast member is hired after the successful completion of Disney Traditions or one full day of employment. To be eligible for an incentive bonus after 150 days, cast member must remain employed in the position continuously for at least 150 days and be employed by The Walt Disney Company at the time of payment. Payments will be made approximately two weeks after the 90-day and 150-day milestones, respectively. Bonus payment is subject to applicable taxes and other legal withholding. Disputes concerning eligibility to a bonus payment shall be resolved by Walt Disney World Recruitment in its sole and absolute discretion. The incentive offered herein are subject to change at any time, with or without notice. Cast Members hired prior to November 10, 2023 or after February 20, 2024 will not be eligible for an incentive award. If a Cast Member who was not eligible for an incentive award due to hire date, classification or work status terminates and rehires within 45 days into an incentive eligible role during the incentive period will not be eligible for an award.
- Envision the possibilities! You will ensure consistent production and excellent presentation of well-prepared, flavorful food in which to deliver upon outstanding guest service. You will provide leadership, support, motivation and development of cast members crafting a positive environment that encourages ownership and accountability.
- Assist in the creation and development of outstanding food offerings that provide our guest with a variety of selections.
- Ensure operational compliance to the Walt Disney Parks & Resorts standards in food safety and loss prevention and adherence to the State of Hawaii Departments governing food safety standards.
- Maintain positive relationships with the front of house food and beverage and catering teams, as well as the rest of the resort.
Here's what you'll need to be successful in this role:
- Minimum of five years of culinary experience or culinary degree with three years related experience
- Minimum of two years of culinary management experience
- Understand and demonstrate fundamentals of cooking
- Ability to build effective relationships
- Proficient computer skills
- Ability to work, develop, empower and mentor a diverse cast
- Proven strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work in a constantly evolving environment
It would be a plus if you also have these skills:
- Minimum 2 years banquets/event management experience
- Previous experience in table service and quick service restaurants
- Knowledgeable of industry trends and practical business applications
- Demonstrated creativity
- Demonstrated high energy level
- Attained Food Safety Certification
- Current or previous experience in Hawaii
Education is important to us, here is what we're looking for:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Preferred: Associate degree in Culinary Arts or applicable apprenticeship
Benefits & Perks:
Disney offers a rewards package to help you live your best life. This includes health and savings benefits, educational opportunities and special extras that only Disney can provide. Learn more about our benefits and perks at https://jobs.disneycareers.com/aulani-benefits
About Aulani, A Disney Resort & Spa:
Combining the natural beauty and spirit of the Hawaiian islands with a touch of Disney magic, Aulani, a Disney Resort & Spa embraces and celebrates Hawaiian culture and storytelling. Situated on 21 acres of oceanfront property on the island of O‘ahu, the resort was uniquely designed for families to discover the culture, history and traditions of Hawai‘i against a backdrop of blue skies and beautiful views. Cast members are integral to bringing these stories of Hawai‘i to life, while upholding Disney’s renowned service and enchanting entertainment offerings.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: Disney Entertainment, ESPN, Disney Parks, and Experiences and Products. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with DVC Hawaii Management Company, LLC, which is part of a business we call Aulani, A Disney Resort & Spa.
DVC Hawaii Management Company, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.