Already applied?View Dashboard
Sous ChefApply Now Apply Later Job ID 731304BR Location Kapolei, Hawaii, United States Business Aulani, A Disney Resort & Spa Date posted Jan. 02, 2020
You possess a refined palate and passion for the culinary arts. People describe you as a foodie fanatic and a fearless finesser of any ingredient you touch. You’re a leader, not a manager, and naturally gain the respect of those who report to you by supporting, listening, motivating, and delivering results. You’ve worked in a variety of kitchens and your career path has prepared you for this Sous Chef role at Aulani, A Disney Resort & Spa.
- Imagine the possibilities! You will ensure consistent production and excellent presentation of well-prepared, flavorful food in which to deliver upon exceptional guest service. You will provide leadership, support, motivation and development of cast members creating a positive environment that encourages ownership and accountability.
- Assist in the creation and development of unique food offerings that provide our guest with a variety of selections.
- Ensure operational compliance to the Walt Disney Parks & Resorts standards in food safety and loss prevention and adherence to the State of Hawaii Departments governing food safety standards.
- Maintain strong partnerships with the front of house food and beverage and catering teams, as well as the rest of the resort.
- Minimum of five years of culinary experience or culinary degree with three years related experience
- Minimum of two years of culinary management experience
- Understand and demonstrate fundamentals of cooking
- Ability to build effective relationships
- Proven computer skills
- Demonstrated ability to work, develop, motivate and coach a diverse cast
- Demonstrated good organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work in a rapidly changing environment
- Minimum 2 years banquets/event management experience
- Previous experience in table service and quick service restaurants
- Knowledgeable of industry trends and practical business applications
- Demonstrated creativity
- Demonstrated high energy level
- Attained Food Safety Certification
- Current or previous experience in Hawaii
Required EducationHigh school diploma or equivalent
Preferred EducationAssociate degree in Culinary Arts or applicable apprenticeship
About Aulani, A Disney Resort & Spa:
Combining the natural beauty and spirit of the Hawaiian islands with a touch of Disney magic, Aulani, a Disney Resort & Spa embraces and celebrates Hawaiian culture and storytelling. Situated on 21 acres of oceanfront property on the island of O‘ahu, the resort was uniquely designed for families to discover the culture, history and traditions of Hawai‘i against a backdrop of blue skies and beautiful views. Cast members are integral to bringing these stories of Hawai‘i to life, while upholding Disney’s renowned service and enchanting entertainment offerings.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Vacation Club Hawaii Management Company, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Aulani, A Disney Resort & Spa.
Disney Vacation Club Hawaii Management Company, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.