Spa ManagerApply Now Apply Later Job ID 735748BR Location Kapolei, Hawaii, United States Business Aulani, A Disney Resort & Spa Date posted Dec. 31, 2019
You have a passion for leading a team of talented Cast Members who share your desire to provide magical experiences for our Guests. As a Spa Manager, you will oversee daily activities of the Laniwai Spa and Painted Sky. We are looking for a Leader that will maintain highest possible standards of preparedness in order to provide the friendliest, most accommodating first impression in exceeding the guests and cast expectations. Previous managerial experience is essential particularly in the areas of resort spa operations and financial/business management. In addition, the ability to think on your feet, problem solve and display initiative are essential to the success of this role as is the ability to work independently and manage the work of others in a timely way.
- Responsible for managing and maintaining all requirements as it relates to HR, regulatory agencies, etc.
- Manage spa revenue centers which include (but not limited to) massage therapy, salon, fitness, etc.
- Instill, motivate and enhance a guest service attitude in all spa cast members
- Partner with sales and marketing to create, develop and market spa programs
- Build and maintain cross-functional relationships with other departments and senior management
- Create and inspire a courteous, friendly, professional work environment; Manage positive team building
- Ability to sell concepts and ideas to management, peers, and employees
- As a Cast Member within our Resort, you are responsible for supporting our Company Environmental Policy by minimizing our impact on the environment. This includes actions to conserve water, energy and ecosystems; to reduce greenhouse gas emissions; to minimize waste and to inspire public consciousness in support of environmental sustainability.
- Minimum 5 years of spa management experience in resort spa setting or a luxury hotel spa operation
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a leadership role, managing salaried leaders and hourly spa staff such as spa therapists, spa attendants, spa host hostess, fitness instructors and salon providers
- In-depth knowledge of spa operations to include health, fitness, wellness or related fields
- Strong customer service and communication skills (written and verbal)
- Excellent in time management and organization skills
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent years of experience in spa management is acceptable
Extensive resort spa and hospitality experience
Experience and skills in budgetary, projections, and cost control
Professional work experience in local market
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent years of experience in spa management is acceptable
Preferred EducationBachelor’s degree in related field
About Aulani, A Disney Resort & Spa:
Combining the natural beauty and spirit of the Hawaiian islands with a touch of Disney magic, Aulani, a Disney Resort & Spa embraces and celebrates Hawaiian culture and storytelling. Situated on 21 acres of oceanfront property on the island of O‘ahu, the resort was uniquely designed for families to discover the culture, history and traditions of Hawai‘i against a backdrop of blue skies and beautiful views. Cast members are integral to bringing these stories of Hawai‘i to life, while upholding Disney’s renowned service and enchanting entertainment offerings.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Vacation Club Hawaii Management Company, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Aulani, A Disney Resort & Spa.
Disney Vacation Club Hawaii Management Company, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.